This Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam is sweet, creamy, and tastes like Fall. It's a perfect Starbucks copycat recipe, so now you can skip the line and enjoy this seasonal menu item whenever you like!
Looking for more Starbucks copycat recipes? Try my Caramel Apple Spice or Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It tastes just like the Starbucks drink. This is a Starbucks copycat recipe, so it will taste just like the real thing!
It's easy to make. Can you use a milk frother? Then you can make this recipe!
It's delicious. It's sweet, creamy, and full of pumpkin and pumpkin spice flavor.
💭 What is pumpkin cream cold foam?
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam is a delicious creation that debuted on Starbucks' menu in 2019. It's a seasonal beverage topping, available from August until November or December, depending on when individual Starbucks stores run out of supplies to make it.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam is similar to Starbucks' Sweet Cream Cold Foam, but also includes pumpkin pie spices and real pumpkin puree. Notice how it has an orange-ish tinge? That's the pumpkin!
It's sweet, creamy, and tastes like Fall thanks to the pumpkin and spices. The original menu item is Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (a cold brew coffee with pumpkin cream cold foam topping), but you don't have to limit yourself to just standard cold brew. This cold foam would be delicious on a variety of coffee drinks!
- Milk: Use 2% milk for this recipe. It will help to give you the texture, flavor, and consistency that mimics the pumpkin cream cold foam from Starbucks.
- Heavy cream: Yes, it's decadent. But it's also worth it. Make sure to use heavy cream, as the high fat content will help you to achieve a really creamy, delicious cold foam.
- Sweetened condensed milk: Sweetened condensed milk is milk that has been cooked down to remove some of the water from it (i.e., condensed) and sweetened! You can typically find it in cans in the grocery aisle with baking supplies.
- Pumpkin: Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Pumpkin pie spice: You can use a store bought mix or make your own pumpkin pie spice!
- Cold coffee: I find that cold brew coffee is ideal for this application. You can use store bought cold coffee, or make your own.
- Sweetener: Sweeten your coffee, if you'd like. I added a little bit of vanilla syrup to mine.
👩🏻🍳 How to make pumpkin cold foam
Start out by adding the milk, cream, and sweetened condensed milk to a jar or glass. I've opted for this clear, glass cocktail mixing glass. I want y'all to be able to see what's going on!
Using a milk frother, submerge the end of it in the liquid and froth for 10-15 seconds. You want to just start to get the thick sweetened condensed milk incorporated into the milk and cream.
See how it has already started to increase in volume?
Next, add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices to the liquid.
Grab your trusty milk frother once again and froth for another 10-15 seconds.
You want a creamy, fluffy cold foam that has all of the ingredients evenly incorporated. But make sure that you stop short of making whipped cream. We don't want any peaks (soft or otherwise).
Next, take your cold brew/iced coffee and pour it into a glass over ice (or not, depending on your preference).
Last, gently pour the pumpkin cold foam on top of the cold coffee.
How to make pumpkin cold foam without a milk frother
If given the choice, I definitely prefer to use a handheld milk frother to make my cold foam. If you don't have one, however, there are some other ways that you can go about making it!
For starters, you can put all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk them by hand. You'll need to put in a little effort, but this will get the job done.
You can also use a regular blender. Just pour the ingredients into the blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency.
Same thing goes for using an immersion blender: Just pour the ingredients into a jar or glass and submerge the end of the blender into the liquid. Blend until you reach the desired consistency of your pumpkin cold foam.
🔗 Other coffee recipes
Looking for more coffee recipes? If you're like me, you cannot get enough coffee. Check out some of the recipes below from my blog and other fabulous food bloggers.
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha from Bake and Bacon
- How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam from A Nerd Cooks
- Irish Cream Cold Brew from Masala and Chai
- Chocolate Cream Cold Foam from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte from A Nerd Cooks
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
If you want the pumpkin cold foam over cold coffee, you can order a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. Of course, you can also order this pumpkin cold foam on a variety of other drinks! Just order whatever drink you desire with some pumpkin cream cold foam!
In short: no. Scroll up to the section called How to make pumpkin cold foam without a milk frother to see what your options are.
Yes! This is a Starbucks copycat recipe, so it will taste just like the pumpkin cold foam from Starbucks.
Yes, it sure does! There's real pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) in this pumpkin cold foam.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Pumpkin Cold Foam
- 1 ounce 2% milk
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 1 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- cold brew coffee
- sweetener if desired
- Pour the milk, heavy cream, and sweetened condensed milk into a glass or jar. Froth with a milk frother for 10-15 seconds, or until it begins to thicken.
- Add the pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to the cold foam. Froth for another 10-15 seconds, or until it reaches the desired thickened, fluffy consistency. Stop short of creating peaks (i.e., don't make whipped cream).
- Pour cold coffee into a glass over ice.
- Pour the pumpkin cold foam on the top of the cold brew.
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Leave a Reply