Caramel Apple Spice Starbucks drink is a sweet and satisfying combo of apple juice, cinnamon dolce syrup, caramel sauce, and whipped cream.
It's a warm and comforting favorite from Starbucks. Even though it comes from the coffee giant, this drink doesn't actually contain any coffee. However, I bet that it will satisfy coffee drinkers and non-drinkers alike.
This recipe makes enough for two cozy mugs, so share with a friend! And don't forget to get a little something for your pooch, like a Pup Cup!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's warm and comforting. Sipping on this drink is like a big, warm hug on a cold day. You'll be feeling super cozy in no time.
- The whole family will love it. This drink is sweet and warmly spiced. Unlike many Starbucks recipes, this one contains zero coffee. That means that kids and adults alike will enjoy it.
- It tastes just like the drink from Starbucks. Love hitting up the Starbucks drive thru? Me too! This drink tastes just like the sweet treat you can get from Starbucks, but for a fraction of the price.
💭 What is a Caramel Apple Spice?
A Caramel Apple Spice is a non-coffee drink sold at Starbucks that's made with apple juice, a cinnamon-sugar syrup, and caramel sauce, and is topped with whipped cream and even more caramel sauce. This drink is full of cozy flavors and will be enjoyed by coffee drinkers and non-drinkers, as well as kids and adults, alike.
It's a common misconception that this drink is a seasonal menu item. The Caramel Apple Spice actually on the menu all year long!
You only need FOUR ingredients to make this warm, comforting, kid-friendly drink. Let's walk through each of the ingredients below. Also, see the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup: This simple syrup is flavored with cinnamon, vanilla, and two kinds of sugar. You can use store bought or make your own at home. It's so easy to do, that I highly recommend going the homemade route!
- Apple juice: Use your favorite apple juice. You can use apple cider, if you prefer, but the original recipe calls for apple juice.
- Caramel sauce: You can use a homemade or store bought caramel sauce. I used one from Torani. Just make sure that you use a caramel sauce rather than a syrup.
- Whipped cream: Again, you can go homemade or store bought when it comes to the whipped cream. For the sake of convenience, I used store bought.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Caramel Apple Spice
It's ridiculously easy to make this drink! Let's walk through the steps.
First, you'll need to add the apple juice, cinnamon dolce syrup, and caramel sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. You just want to warm everything up and allow the caramel sauce to melt into the apple juice. Just make sure to whisk everything from time to time.
Once you're happy with how warm (or hot) the drink is, carefully ladle it into a couple of mugs. After that, all that's left is to top the mugs with generous amounts of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
🔗 More Starbucks copycat recipes
Looking for more Starbucks copycat recipes? I have 'em! Click on any of the photos below to see more.
🔗 Other hot beverages
Maybe you just want another warm beverage? Check out the links below for more.
- Wassail Hot Cider from The Fresh Cooky
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from A Nerd Cooks
- Glühwein from Live Eat Learn
- Hot Buttered Rum from A Couple Cooks
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
Yes! Just scale the amounts of each ingredient up proportionally.
Sure, if you like. The original recipe calls for juice, but you can use apple cider if that's what you prefer.
You don't have to use homemade syrup (though it's so easy that you should!), and can use store bought cinnamon simple syrup instead.
Yes! This is a Starbucks copycat recipe, so it will taste like your favorite treat from Starbucks.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice
- 3 cups apple juice
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce plus more for topping
- whipped cream
- Combine the apple juice, Cinnamon Dolce Syrup, and caramel sauce in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until warmed to your liking, whisking occasionally.
- Ladle the drink into mugs.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- If you want to make a bigger batch of these drinks, just scale the ingredients up proportionally. It's very easy to make a bigger batch.
- You can substitute apple juice for apple cider, if that's what you prefer. The flavor may not be the same as what you'd get from Starbucks, however.
- You can use store bought or homemade Cinnamon Dolce Syrup.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.