This Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a perfect Starbucks copycat. Save time and money by making your favorite Starbucks treat at home!
This drink is made using a couple of other easy-to-make recipes on my site: Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles. If you're looking for other coffee recipes, I have those, too!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It tastes JUST like the drink from Starbucks. This is a Starbucks copycat recipe, so it's going to taste just like the Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks.
- It's easy to make. Though coffee drinks may look fancy and difficult to make, they're totally approachable! You can do this!
- You'll save time and money by making this drink at home. By skipping the drive thru and making this drink at home, you'll save yourself so much time and money.
💭 What is an Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
An Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte is an iced espresso drink that was popularized by Starbucks. This drink starts out with espresso, milk, and ice, like any iced latte. But the things that set this drink it apart are sweet, cinnamon-y Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles.
Both of these additions require a little extra work on your part, but it's totally worth it. Plus, I have recipes for both.
- Espresso: When making this recipe, ideally you'll use espresso made using an espresso machine. I have a Nespresso Vertuo, and absolutely love it. The next best option would be to use really strong coffee.
- Cinnamon Dolce Syrup: Cinnamon Dolce Syrup is a simple syrup that was popularized by Starbucks and flavored with cinnamon and two kinds of sugar. Starbucks doesn't sell the syrup, but you can make it at home so easily.
- Milk: Use whatever milk that you prefer. I tend to go with oat milk.
- Whipped cream: You can use homemade or store bought whipped cream. For the sake of convenience, I went with store bought.
- Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles: This tasty coffee topping is another Starbucks copycat recipe. You can use just cinnamon and sugar, but I recommend mixing up a batch of the actual Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles.
👩🏻🍳 How to make an Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
First, you'll start out with a glass (or whatever you plan to drink out of) filled with ice.
Next, you'll brew your espresso. I used my Nespresso Vertuo to brew a double espresso pod. You can use your espresso maker of choice, or you can brew some espresso or really strong coffee using a Moka pot (or other coffee brewer). Instant espresso is also an option, but I wouldn't really recommend going that route (from a flavor perspective).
I like to pour the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup directly into the freshly brewed espresso. Once you have the two combined, pour them into the glass over ice.
After that, top the espresso/syrup off with whatever milk you prefer. I reach for oat milk (usually Chobani or Oatly full fat). But you do you.
Last, all you need to do is top everything off with a generous bit of whipped cream (homemade or store bought) and a dusting of Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles.
And there you have it: an Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte to rival anything you'd order at Starbucks.
🔗 Other coffee and iced latte recipes
- Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte from We Are Not Martha
- Iced Blonde Vanilla Latte from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha from The Littlest Crumb
- Iced Peppermint Mocha from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced Caramel Latte from Baking Mischief
- How to Make an Iced Latte from A Nerd Cooks
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
You have a couple of options. You can use some really strong coffee (probably the next best choice) or instant espresso (not the first recommended choice, but could work in a pinch).
In short: whatever you like. I have used oat milk (Oatly and/or Chobani full fat/extra creamy) and 2% cow's milk. Both have worked beautifully. Though I haven't tried it, I imagine that almond milk would work well, too.
Sure! You'll want to omit the ice (duh) and warm and froth whatever milk you're using, instead of adding it in cold.
Yes! If you use my homemade Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles, this will taste like the latte that you can get at Starbucks.
u0022Cinnamon dolceu0022 means u0022sweet cinnamon.u0022 This is fitting, as the cinnamon dolce syrup (and sprinkles, and latte) is full of sweet and cinnamon-y flavor.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup ice approximate
- ¾ cup milk of choice approximate
- whipped cream for garnish
- Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles for garnish
- Brew your espresso into a small cup, add the Cinnamon Dolce Syrup to the espresso. Set aside for a moment.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and add the espresso and syrup.
- Top the espresso off with the milk of your choosing.
- Garnish the drink with whipped cream and Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles.
- If you don't have an espresso machine, you can use a moka pot or French press to make some really strong coffee as a substitute
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Leave a Reply