These Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles are a Starbucks copycat recipe. They're the perfect addition to the top of your coffees and lattes.
Combine these sprinkles with some Cinnamon Dolce Syrup to make an Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte and you've got yourself a nice, tasty little treat.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's very easy to make. Can you whisk a few things together in a bowl? Of course you can! And as a result, you can make this recipe.
- It only requires THREE ingredients. You're only three ingredients away from a delicious topping for your coffee.
- It adds an extra special something to your coffee recipes. These sprinkles are sweet, cinnamon-y, and give your coffee drinks a little extra something.
💭 What are Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles?
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles are a topping for coffee (typically a Cinnamon Dolce Latte or Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte) that were popularized by Starbucks. You can use them as a topping for any drink that you'd like, though.
They're similar to cinnamon-sugar, but use a couple of other ingredients.
You only need FOUR ingredients in order to make this tasty coffee topping. I can almost guarantee that you have three of these ingredients in your kitchen right now. The fourth is somewhat less common, but can easily be found in a regular grocery store.
Let's talk about the individual ingredients!
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Cinnamon: This recipe calls for ground cinnamon (or cinnamon powder).
- Milk powder: Sometimes also called powdered milk or dry milk, milk powder is milk that has been pasteurized and then dried via evaporation. It adds a greater depth of flavor to the cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
- Salt: Just a pinch! As always, I use kosher salt. A bit of salt helps to bring out the flavors of all of the other ingredients. I forgot to include the salt in the photo above.
👩🏻🍳 How to make Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
It couldn't be easier! All you need to do is combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and give them a whisk. After that, store the sprinkles in an airtight container.
Alternately, you could put all of the ingredients in your airtight container, put the lid on, and shake to combine everything.
🔗 Other Starbucks copycat recipes
Looking for other recipes to make your favorite Starbucks treats at home? I have more! And so do other fabulous bloggers. Check out the photos and links below.
- Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade from We Are Not Martha
- Chestnut Praline Latte from The Heatlhful Ideas
🔗 More Drink Garnishes
Looking for more ways to garnish your drinks? I have inspo for you!! Check out the recipes below. Just click on the picture.
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
It's sometimes called "powdered milk" or "dry milk," and is basically milk that has been pasteurized and dried via evaporation. It's literally cow's milk, but in powdered form.
You don't have to, but then you're just left with cinnamon-sugar. Which is delicious, to be fair. But the addition of milk powder gives these Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles a greater depth of flavor. The Starbucks recipe also calls for them.
They're a really delightful topping for coffees and lattes. I like to top a latte with some whipped cream and a dusting of these sprinkles. Check out this Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte for an example.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
- Glass jar for storage
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ cup ground cinnamon
- ⅛ cup milk powder
- pinch kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the sprinkles in an airtight container and store at room temperature.
- Milk powder sometimes called "powdered milk" or "dry milk," in case you're having trouble looking for it in the grocery store.
- You don't have to use milk powder, but then you're just left with cinnamon-sugar. The addition of milk powder gives these Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles a greater depth of flavor. The Starbucks recipe also calls for them.
- These sprinkles are a really delightful topping for coffees and lattes. I like to top a latte with some whipped cream and a dusting of these sprinkles. Check out this Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte for an example.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Leave a Reply