Last Updated on January 5, 2023 by laurenpacek
This post may contain affiliate links. A Nerd Cooks may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. More information can be found here.
These Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles are a Starbucks copycat recipe. They're the perfect addition to the top of your coffees and lattes.
Table of contents
What are Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles?
Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles are a topping for coffee (typically a Cinnamon Dolce Latte or Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte) that were popularized by Starbucks. You can use them as a topping for any drink that you'd like, though.
They're similar to cinnamon-sugar, but use a couple of other ingredients.
You only need FOUR ingredients in order to make this tasty coffee topping. I can almost guarantee that you have three of these ingredients in your kitchen right now. The fourth is somewhat less common, but can easily be found in a regular grocery store.
Let's talk about the individual ingredients!
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Cinnamon: This recipe calls for ground cinnamon (or cinnamon powder).
- Milk powder: Sometimes also called powdered milk or dry milk, milk powder is milk that has been pasteurized and then dried via evaporation. It adds a greater depth of flavor to the cinnamon dolce sprinkles.
- Salt: Just a pinch! As always, I use kosher salt. A bit of salt helps to bring out the flavors of all of the other ingredients. I forgot to include the salt in the photo above.
How to make Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles
It couldn't be easier! All you need to do is combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and give them a whisk. After that, store the sprinkles in an airtight container.
Alternately, you could put all of the ingredients in your airtight container, put the lid on, and shake to combine everything.
Other Starbucks copycat recipes
Looking for other recipes to make your favorite Starbucks treats at home? I have more! And so do other fabulous bloggers. Check out the links below.
- Caramel Apple Spice from A Nerd Cooks
- Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade from We Are Not Martha
- Chocolate Cream Cold Foam from A Nerd Cooks
- Chestnut Praline Latte from The Heatlhful Ideas
- Irish Cream Cold Brew from A Nerd Cooks
FAQs/Tips and tricks
It's sometimes called "powdered milk" or "dry milk," and is basically milk that has been pasteurized and dried via evaporation. It's literally cow's milk, but in powdered form.
You don't have to, but then you're just left with cinnamon-sugar. Which is delicious, to be fair. But the addition of milk powder gives these Cinnamon Dolce Sprinkles a greater depth of flavor. The Starbucks recipe also calls for them.
They're a really delightful topping for coffees and lattes. I like to top a latte with some whipped cream and a dusting of these sprinkles. Check out this Iced Cinnamon Dolce Latte for an example.
Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and
⭐️ star rating below!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ cup ground cinnamon
- ⅛ cup milk powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the sprinkles in an airtight container and store at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 12Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
This assumes a 1 teaspoon-sized serving