This Green Tea Shot is a sweet, tangy, and peachy shooter. It's smooth, fruity, and refreshing. Only four ingredients stand between you and one (or a batch!) of these shots.
If Irish whiskey isn't your thing, you can also shake up a White Tea Shot; it's made with vodka instead. You really can't go wrong, either way. You can also check out the other shot recipes that I've shared in the past if you need more delicious recipes.
These shots are incredibly easy to shake up, can easily be made in larger batches, and can even be turned into a larger cocktail if you'd rather sip on one of those instead! Basically, what I'm getting at is this shot recipe is a real winner. Try one (or two) and see for yourself.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It tastes great. These shots are sweet and tangy. I bet you won't want to stop at just one!
- These shots are easy to make. All you need to do is shake up a few ingredients and strain them into a shot glass.
- They go down very easily. A bit too easily 😉
💭 What is a Green Tea Shot?
A Green Tea Shot is a shot or shooter that's made up of Jameson Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, sour mix, and lemon lime soda. The Jameson whiskey company actually invented the Green Tea Shot, or so the story goes.
It's called a Green Tea Shot due to its greenish color, which is reminiscent of green tea. The similarities to actual tea end there, though.
What does it taste like?
It's a sweet and fruity shot, with peachy flavor from the schnapps, sweet-tart flavor from the sour mix, and a warm smoothness from the whiskey.
Do I need green tea to make it?
Nope! There is no actual green tea in this shot.
📝 What's in a Green Tea Shot?
- Irish whiskey: In addition to being made in Ireland, Irish whiskey is different from American whiskey in that it is made with barley, whereas American whiskey must be made of corn, rye, or wheat. It also has a lighter and less sweet flavor than American whiskey. More specifically, this shot is supposed to be made with Jameson Irish whiskey.
- Peach schnapps: In the U.S., schnapps are a group of sweetened liqueurs that come in a wide variety of flavors. Peach schnapps is just a clear, grain spirit + peach flavoring.
- Sour mix: You can use store bought or homemade sour mix for this recipe. Making your own at home is so easy (and so much better), though.
- Lemon lime soda: I usually use Sprite. But you can use whatever you like.
👩🏻🍳 How to make Green Tea Shots
These shots are very easy to make.
You'll start by adding all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. I've started to prefer using one large cube of ice, as opposed to a bunch of smaller ice cubes. Doing it this way gets the cocktail to get sufficiently chilled, but prevents unnecessary dilution.
Next, you'll shake the shaker for about 10 seconds, or until it is very cold. After that, you'll strain the shot into a shot glass.
Green Tea Shot Cocktail
If you'd prefer to sip on a cocktail, rather than toss back a shot or two, you can totally do that! Just shake the whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix until very cold and strain it into a rocks glass over ice. Top all of that off with as much lemon lime soda as you'd like.
🔗 Other shot recipes
Looking for other shot and shooter recipes? Check out the photos links below from this blog and other fabulous food and drink bloggers.
- Lemon Drop Shots from Britney Breaks Bread
- Rainbow Shots from The Littlest Crumb
- Pink Starburst Shots from A Nerd Cooks
- Halloween Shots from White Kitchen Red Wine
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
Yes! If you want to make two shots, double the amounts of each ingredient. If you want to make three, then triple it. And so on.
Jameson (or other Irish whiskey), peach schnapps, sour mix, and lemon lime soda.
A Green Tea Shot uses Jameson Irish whiskey while a White Tea Shot is made with vodka, while.
Nope! No actual tea in this shot.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media
Green Tea Shot
- 0.5 ounces sour mix
- 0.5 ounces peach schnapps
- 0.5 ounces Jameson Irish whiskey
- splash of lemon lime soda
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until very cold.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- If you want to make multiple shots at once, just multiply the amount of each ingredient by the number of shots that you want. Shake, and strain!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.