This Green Tea Shot is a sweet, tangy, and peachy shooter. It's smooth, fruity, and refreshing. Only four ingredients stand between you and one (or a batch!) of these shots.
These shots are incredibly easy to shake up, can easily be made in larger batches, and can even be turned into a larger cocktail if you'd rather sip on one of those instead! Basically, what I'm getting at is this shot recipe is a real winner. Try one (or two) and see for yourself.
If Irish whiskey isn't your thing, you can also shake up a White Tea Shot; it's made with vodka instead. You really can't go wrong, either way. You can also check out the other shot recipes that I've shared in the past if you need more delicious recipes, like my Mini Beer Shots or Mexican Candy Shots.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It tastes great. These shots are sweet and tangy. I bet you won't want to stop at just one!
These shots are easy to make. All you need to do is shake up a few ingredients and strain them into a shot glass.
They go down very easily. A bit too easily 😉
💭 What is a Green Tea Shot?
A Green Tea Shot is a shot or shooter that's (traditionally) made up of Jameson Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, sour mix, and lemon lime soda. The Jameson whiskey company actually invented the Green Tea Shot, or so the story goes. It's actually sometimes called the "Jameson Green Tea Shot," for that reason.
It's called a Green Tea Shot (or Green Tea Shooter) due to its greenish color, which is reminiscent of green tea. The similarities to actual tea end there, though.
🟢 What does a green tea shot taste like?
It's a sweet and fruity shot, with peachy flavor from the schnapps, sweet-tart flavor from the sour mix, and a warm smoothness from the whiskey.
🍵 Do I need green tea to make a green tea shot?
Nope! There is no actual green tea in this shot.
📝 What's in a Green Tea Shot?
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Irish whiskey: In addition to being made in Ireland, Irish whiskey is different from American whiskey in that it is made with barley, whereas American whiskey must be made of corn, rye, or wheat. It also has a lighter and less sweet flavor than American whiskey. More specifically, this shot is traditionally made with Jameson Irish whiskey. I used Teeling, as that's what I like and had on hand.
- Peach schnapps: In the U.S., schnapps are a group of sweetened liqueurs that come in a wide variety of flavors. Peach schnapps is just a clear, grain spirit + peach flavoring.
- Sour mix: You can use store bought or homemade sour mix for this recipe. Making your own at home is so easy (and so much better), though.
- Lemon lime soda: I usually use Sprite. But you can use whatever you like.
🔀 Substitutions and Variations
- Use vodka instead of whiskey. Swap in some vodka for the Irish whiskey and you'll have yourself a White Tea Shot!
- Make a green tea shot cocktail instead of a shot. Maybe you want a drink to sip on, rather than knock back as a shot? I'd double the amounts of whiskey, peach schnapps, and sour mix, then top off with as much lemon lime soda as you'd like!
👩🏻🍳 How to make Green Tea Shots
Step 1. Add sour mix to a cocktail shaker.
Step 2. Add peach schnapps to the shaker.
Step 3. Add Irish whiskey to the cocktail shaker.
Step 4. Add a splash of lemon lime soda.
Step 5. Add ice to the cocktail shaker, cap it, and shake until very cold (about 10 seconds). Strain the shot into a shot glass.
❓ Recipe FAQs
Yes! If you want to make two shots, double the amounts of each ingredient. If you want to make three, then triple it. And so on.
Jameson (or other Irish whiskey), peach schnapps, sour mix, and lemon lime soda.
A Green Tea Shot uses Jameson Irish whiskey while a White Tea Shot is made with vodka, while.
Nope! No actual tea in this shot.
It's called a green tea shot because it mimics freshly brewed green tea in appearance.
🔗 Other shot recipes
Looking for other shot and shooter recipes? Check out the photos links below from this blog and other fabulous food and drink bloggers.
- Lemon Drop Shots from Britney Breaks Bread
- Halloween Shots from White Kitchen Red Wine
- Rainbow Shots from The Littlest Crumb
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Green Tea Shot
- 0.5 ounces sour mix
- 0.5 ounces peach schnapps
- 0.5 ounces Jameson Irish whiskey
- splash of lemon lime soda
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until very cold.
- Strain into a shot glass.
- If you want to make multiple shots at once, just multiply the amount of each ingredient by the number of shots that you want. Shake, and strain!
- You can use another kind of Irish whiskey, if you prefer
- Substitute vodka for the Irish Whiskey to make a White Tea Shot
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.