A Frog's Breath Cocktail is a sweet and spooky drink that's perfect for Halloween! Midori liqueur gives this drink a bright green color. Though this drink may look sinister, it's actually light, fruity, and an easy sipper.
Looking for more Halloween-themed cocktails? Try my Black Magic Margarita, Purple People Eater Cocktail, Vampire's Kiss Martini for more spooky sipping. My Incredible Hulk Drink is another ghoulishly green option for your menu! My homemade Black Vodka can lend a sinister black color to a number of cocktails, too!
🌟 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It's perfectly spooky. This cocktail will be the perfect addition to the menu for your Halloween party.
This drink is so easy to make. It only takes a few ingredients and a little shaking.
It tastes great. It's lightly sweet and a bit bubbly.
💭 What is Frog's Breath?
A Witches Brew cocktail is a sweet, vibrant green cocktail. It's basically a Japanese Slipper cocktail, but with a little club soda on top to give it some fizz.
Green melon liqueur gives this drink a spooky, almost glowing green color. Between that and the dry ice I used in the photos, I could totally envision something like this in a witch's cauldron. My husband also pointed out that it looks like Ecto Cooler.
In terms of flavor, the drink is sweet (but not overly so). I thought that it tasted a little bit like Smarties candies, but in liquid form.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Orange liqueur: I used triple sec, but you can use whatever clear orange liqueur that you prefer.
- Green melon liqueur: Midori is probably the best known variety, but there are other melon liqueurs out there.
- Club soda: Club soda or a plain sparkling water will do.
🔀 Substitutions or Variations
- Omit the club soda. If you don't use club soda, you'll have a Japanese Slipper cocktail!
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Frog's Breath cocktail
❓ Recipe FAQs
Yes! It's safe to put dry ice in a drink, as long as you don't actually drink the dry ice. When using dry ice in drinks, follow these steps to keep yourself safe.
Midori is a lightly sweet, bright green Japanese liqueur that is primarily flavored with Japanese muskmelons. Muskmelons look a bit like honeydew melons, but are much sweeter.
While it is a pretty perfect, spooky drink for Halloween, don't let that keep you from enjoying one year-round!
🔗 Other Halloween drink recipes
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Frog's Breath Cocktail
- 1.5 ounces lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1.5 ounces orange liqueur
- 1.5 ounces Midori liqueur or other melon liqueur
- 2 ounces club soda
- 1 Luxardo cherry
- Add the lemon juice, orange liqueur, and Midori liqueur to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until very cold (about 10 seconds) and strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
- You could also use a Bourbon Cherry in lieu of a Luxardo Cherry.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.