Ever had a craving for an orange creamsicle... but, like... in liquid, boozy form?
If so, you're in luck. And, honestly, even if you haven't ever had that craving, you're gonna be so happy with these cocktails. These Orange Creamsicle Crush cocktails are super refreshing and taste just like... get this... a creamsicle!
💭 So, what is a Crush cocktail?
Crushes are pretty much ubiquitous in Maryland. I came to really love them while living in Baltimore.
Punch talks a bit about the tasty beverage. According to the article: "The key to a Crush is actually its namesake action—the swift yanking of an industrial press juicer that flattens fresh orange halves, sending frothy OJ plummeting into a pint glass filled with ice, vodka and triple sec."
So, essentially, they're made with a combination of fresh fruit juice, vodka, and an orange liqueur (plus or minus some other ingredients, depending on the variety you're whipping up).
🍊 What is a Creamsicle Orange Crush?
The weather is warming up again, and that invariably puts me in the mood for a Crush. They're refreshing, lightly sweet, and, fortunately for us, Crushes come in a lot of different flavors.
Of course, there's the traditional Orange. It's a classic for a reason. But, just off the top of my head, there's also peach, cranberry orange, key lime, grapefruit ... And, of course, we're talking about Orange Creamsicle today!
Thanks to the combination of fresh orange juice, triple sec, and whipped cream vodka, these Crushes taste just like an orange creamsicle.
You only need a few ingredients. Let's look at and talk through them below!
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed, please!
- Triple sec: This adds more sweet orange flavor, plus a little booziness.
- Whipped cream vodka: Pinnacle (as seen in the photo above) makes a nice whipped cream vodka. You can substitute vanilla vodka if you can't find the whipped cream flavor.
- Lemon lime soda: Use your favorite lemon lime soda. I'm a Sprite gal.
- Garnishes: As always, garnishes aren't mandatory. But I like to garnish this drink with a fresh orange wedge and whipped cream.
👩🏻🍳 How to make an Orange Creamsicle Crush
Start out with a tall glass filled with ice. I'm partial to crushed ice.
Add your freshly squeezed OJ to the glass.
After that, add your triple sec and vodka.
Top everything off with lemon lime soda.
Last, garnish your glass with a fresh orange wedge and some whipped cream!
🔗 Other Crush cocktails
Looking for more Crush cocktails? You should be! Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes.
You can substitute it for vanilla vodka, if needed!
It's a boozy beverage that hails from the DMV region of the United States. The original version is made with orange juice, plain vodka, triple sec, and lemon lime soda.
It's not mandatory, but I recommend it. You'll get the biggest payoff in terms of flavor this way.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Orange Creamsicle Crush
- 2 oz orange juice freshly squeezed
- 1.5 oz whipped cream vodka
- 0.5 oz triple sec
- lemon-lime soda
- Add the orange juice, triple sec, and vodka to a tall glass with ice.
- Top with lemon lime soda.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and whipped cream.
- You can use vanilla vodka if you can't find whipped cream vodka.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.