This Limoncello Gin Collins is fizzy and refreshing, with a prominent lemon flavor. Minty simple syrup helps to balance out the tartness of the lemon juice and limoncello.
In short: this drink is exactly what you want on a hot day.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's fresh and delicious. This drink is full of fresh flavors and tastes incredible.
It is very easy to make. Can you pour a few ingredients into a glass? Then you can make this drink!
This drink is perfect for warm weather sipping. The flavors and freshness of this drink make it a great choice for warmer weather.
💭 What is a Limoncello Gin Collins?
This drink is a fun twist on the classic Tom Collins.
A Tom Collins is a cocktail made from gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water. This Limoncello Gin Collins adds ... you guessed it ... limoncello to the mix. You can use store bought limoncello in this recipe, but I'm a big fan of using homemade. I shared a recipe for Sous Vide Limoncello with you all at one point. Super easy, super delicious.
And if you're in the market for a sous vide/immersion circulator, let me recommend this one. Of course, if you don't have a sous vide (get one, you won't regret it), you can make limoncello the old fashioned way. Or buy it. Whatever. It's all good.
📝 What ingredients go into this cocktail?
- Limoncello: You can pick some up at the liquor store OR you can make your own. I definitely recommend making my sous vide limoncello.
- Gin: Use whatever gin you like.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Mint simple syrup: For this, you'll start out by making some homemade simple syrup and finish it off by infusing some fresh mint into it.
- Club soda: Regular old store bought club soda will do ya.
- Garnishes: These are optional BUT highly recommended. Adding some lemon wheels and mint sprigs really gives this drink a little extra *something*.
🔀 Substitutions or Variations
- Use a different simple syrup. Feel free to make this drink your own by using a plain or other flavored simple syrup. It may change the appearance of the drink (and will definitely change the flavor).
- Make a bigger batch. I haven't personally made a big batch of these drinks, but I don't see why it can't be done! At the very least, you can combine all of the ingredients except the club soda, pour out a bunch of glasses, and then top it all off with club soda.
👩🏻🍳 Step-By-Step Instructions
This drink gets built in the glass that you'll drink out of. Hooray for fewer dishes to wash! Let's walk through how it's made.
🔗 More drinks made with limoncello
If you're gonna make a big batch of limoncello, you might as well make some more drinks with it! Check out the photos below.
🔗 More gin cocktails
Looking for more cocktails made with gin? Click on any of the photos below to be taken straight to the recipes!
You can use store bought, but making it at home is very easy. Ultimately, it's up to you.
Use whatever you prefer!
A Tom Collins is a cocktail made from gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Limoncello Gin Collins
- Add the limoncello, gin, lemon juice, and mint simple syrup to a tall glass with ice.
- Top with club soda. Stir gently with a bar spoon.
- Garnish with lemon wheels and fresh mint.
- I really like to use Conniption American Dry Gin from Durham Distillery.
- You can use homemade or store bought limoncello.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.