This Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot is sweet, easy to make, and tastes like a PB&J! It will likely invoke some nostalgia, too, since this shooter's flavor is reminiscent of the ubiquitous childhood treat.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. All you need to do is shake up a couple of ingredients and strain them into shot glasses!
It tastes just like a boozy PB&J. Seriously, it tastes like a boozy, liquid, peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
It only requires two ingredients. That's it! You only need two ingredients to make these shots.
💭 What is a Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot?
A Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot (sometimes called a PB&J Shot) is an alcoholic shot or shooter that tastes like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
It has a really pretty deep red hue, too, thanks to the Chambord liqueur.
You only need three ingredients (and one of those is a garnish) to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot! Let's take a look at them below.
- Chambord: Chambord liqueur is a sweet raspberry liqueur that's produced in France and comes in a distinctive spherical bottle. It has a pretty, deep red, almost purple, color.
- Peanut Butter Whiskey: So, yeah. Peanut butter whiskey sounds kind of crazy, right? And it kind of is, if you think about it. I used Skrewball brand peanut butter whiskey for this cocktail. It's sweet, pleasantly peanutty, and the perfect addition to this shot.
- Raspberries: I garnished my shots with a fresh raspberry on a cocktail pick. It's not mandatory, but I thought that it looked nice. And the raspberry was tasty, too.
👩🏻🍳 How do you make a PBJ Shot?
I made this as a shaken shot, though you could totally layer the different types of alcohol on top of one another in your shot glass. I talked about layering shots in my post about Baby Guinness shots.
So, since this is a shaken shot, all you need to do is add your two alcohols to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake shake shake. Then strain the shaken shot into a tall shot glass.
I opted to garnish mine with fresh raspberries on pretty gold cocktail picks. Totally optional, though.
🔗 Other shot and shooter recipes
Looking for more recipes for shots or shooters? Peruse the photos and links below for more!
- Pink Starburst Shots from A Nerd Cooks
- Bourbon Apple Cider Jello Shots from Feast and West
- Baby Guinness Shots from A Nerd Cooks
- Watermelon Shooters from The Littlest Crumb
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Shots from A Nerd Cooks
- French Toast Shots from A Seasoned Greeting
- White Gummy Bear Shots from A Nerd Cooks
❓ FAQs/Tips and Tricks
Then this drink just isn't for you. Do not drink peanut butter whiskey if you have a peanut allergy. I sincerely hope that this goes without saying.
Yes! You can choose to layer the alcohols on top of one another in your shot glass(es) instead of shaking them together.
Sure! Just multiply the ingredients by how ever many shots you want to make, shake them up, and pour them out into your individual shot glasses.
Yes, though I must say that I haven't tried this recipe with a different liqueur.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Shot
- 1 ounce Chambord liqueur
- 1 ounce peanut butter whiskey
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- Pour the Chambord and peanut butter whiskey into a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain it into a tall shot glass.
- Garnish with a fresh raspberry on a cocktail pick, if desired.
- If you only have 1.5 ounce shot glasses, you can make this shooter with ¾ ounces of each of the alcohols instead.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.