A White Tea Shot is sweet, fruity, and as easy to make as it is to drink. You only need four ingredients to shake one up.
These shots are a fun riff on the Green Tea Shot. Just swap vodka for Jameson, and you're in business! Not only do they require just a handful of ingredients, they come together in a snap. These would be really nice for a bachelorette party, or any time you want to get the party started.
If you'd rather sip on a cocktail instead of tossing back a shot, just scroll down to the "How to Make it Into a White Tea Cocktail" section. I've also included links to other delicious and boozy shot and shooter recipes down below. Cheers!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These shots are easy to make. All you need to do is shake up a few ingredients and strain them into a shot glass.
- They're sweet and fruity. These shots taste great!
- They go down very easily. Maybe a bit too easily 😉
💭 What is a White Tea Shot?
A White Tea Shot is a shot that's made up of vodka, peach schnapps, sour mix, and a bit of lemon lime soda. We'll get into the individual ingredients a little bit more, in the "Ingredients" section below.
White Tea Shot vs. Green Tea Shot
Did you know that there's also a Green Tea Shot? Well, there is!
The Green Tea Shot actually came first. It contains Jameson Irish whiskey, peach schnapps, sour mix, and a splash of lemon lime soda. Thanks to the whiskey, it has a bit of a greenish hue.
The White Tea Shot, as we mentioned above, swaps vodka for Jameson, while keeping the other ingredients the same. As a result, the White Tea Shot is clear or whiteish in color.
What does a White Tea Shot taste like?
A White Tea Shot is a sweet and fruity shot. It gets a lot of sweetness from the peach schnapps, and a bit of tart sweetness from the sour mix.
Does a White Tea Shot have tea in it?
Nope! There is no actual tea in a White Tea Shot.
Why is it called a White Tea Shot if there's no tea in it?
This shooter gets its name from its white/clear color, as well as because it's a riff on the Green Tea Shot.
- Vodka: Plain, unflavored vodka will do for this recipe. I usually use Smirnoff, or some other middle of the road-ish vodka. No need to spend the big bucks, but you also don't want to use well vodka.
- Peach schnapps: In the U.S., schnapps are a group of sweetened liqueurs that come in a wide variety of flavors. Peach schnapps is just a clear, grain spirit + peach flavoring.
- Sour mix: You can use store bought or homemade sour mix for this recipe.
- Lemon lime soda: This recipe calls for just a splash of soda. Use whatever you like. I tend to use Sprite.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a White Tea Shot
It's very easy to make one (or more) of these shots.
You'll start out by adding all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker, and then adding ice. I like to use one large cube when I can. This allows the cocktail to get cold, but prevents unnecessary dilution.
Shake shake shake everything until it's very cold. This should take about 10 seconds.
After that, strain the shot into your shot glass(es).
👩🏻🍳 How to Make it Into a White Tea Cocktail
Maybe you're in the mood for a full cocktail, rather than a shot?
To make this into a cocktail, you can shake the vodka, schnapps, and sour mix together in a cocktail shaker, strain into a glass with ice, and top everything off with your desired amount of lemon lime soda.
You could also double the amount of the vodka, schnapps, and sour mix before straining over ice and topping the drink off with lemon lime soda. You know, in case you're feeling a little extra boozy.
🔗 Other shot and shooter recipes
Looking for other shot recipes? Check out the photos and links below.
❓ FAQs/Tips and Tricks
Nope! There's zero actual tea in this shot.
A White Tea Shot is made with vodka, while a Green Tea Shot uses Jameson Irish whiskey.
This shot is made up of vodka, peach schnapps, sour mix, and a splash of lemon lime soda.
Yes! If you want to make two shots, double the amounts of each ingredient. If you want to make three, then triple it. And so on.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
White Tea Shot
- 0.5 ounces sour mix
- 0.5 ounces peach schnapps
- 0.5 ounces vodka
- splash of lemon lime soda
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Shake until very cold (about 10 seconds).
- Strain into a shot glass.
- If you want to make multiple shots at once, all you need to do is multiply the amount of each ingredient by the number of shots that you want to make. Then, shake and strain!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.