This Lime Margarita Salt is easy to make and the perfect addition to a margarita. Make some lime salt and take your drink to the next level!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's incredibly easy to make. Can you zest some limes and turn on your oven? Then you can definitely make this flavorful lime salt!
- You only need two ingredients. Lime zest + chunky salt. That's it!
- It is the perfect addition to a margarita. This lime salt is delicious and beautiful. It's the perfect complement to your favorite margarita.
💭 What is Lime Salt?
This Lime Margarita Salt is just chunky (usually kosher) salt that's mixed with fresh lime zest that's been dried. You can use it for whatever you want, but it would be ideal for rimming a margarita glass.
- Salt: The best salt for a margarita rim is kosher salt. It's chunky and won't dissolve super quickly like regular table salt will.
- Lime zest: Fresh limes, please.
👩🏻🍳 How to make Lime Salt
Though this salt can really jazz up a margarita in terms of flavor and appearance, it's actually very easy to make.
First, you need to combine some kosher salt and the zest of two limes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
After that, simply bake the salt and zest at a low temperature for about an hour. This will dry the zest out. Once everything cools down, you can keep it in an airtight container until you're ready to get your marg on.
Of course, you can also always make this salt with a different citrus fruit (lemon or orange would be lovely) or a combination of different kinds of zest. Choose your own adventure!
🔗 Other drink garnish recipes
Looking for other ways to jazz up your drinks? Check out the photos, below, of other drink garnish recipes from my blog. The links listed below the photos will take you to recipes from other fabulous bloggers. All of them will give you delicious and/or beautiful drink garnishes.
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives from Feast and West
- How to Make a Lemon Twist from Rachel Cooks
- Bloody Mary Garnishes from Feast and West
❓FAQs/Tips and tricks
Yes. This recipe easily doubles or triples (or more).
Nope! You can use any kind of citrus zest (or combination of zests) that you'd like.
I highly recommend it. If you're using this salt for the salt rim for a margarita, you definitely want a chunky salt (like kosher).
My preferred application for this salt is the rim of a margarita. However, you can use this salt however you like! I think it would probably be a pretty delicious way to season some guacamole, for instance.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
- ½ cup kosher salt
- 2 limes zested
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the kosher salt and lime zest on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow the salt to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- You can use the zest from any citrus fruit that you'd like, if lime isn't your favorite, or if you want to mix things up a bit.
- In addition to garnishing margaritas, this salt can be used in pretty much any recipe where salt and citrus flavors are called for.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.