This ginger pear mocktail is perfect for the winter holiday season. Need a non-alcoholic drink for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Give it a try!
Need more non-alcoholic drinks? Try my Thanksgiving Mocktail (it's great any time of the year, really) or Virgin Margarita! Sorrel Drink is another delicious and beautiful option. If you're looking for a hot drink, you can't beat Hot Mulled Apple Cider.
🌟 Why You’ll Love This Recipe
It's non-alcoholic, but can be made into a cocktail. This drink is perfect for those who can't or don't want to imbibe, but can easily be made into a cocktail!
It tastes great. It's sweet, fizzy, and has a little bit of spice from the ginger beer.
It's easy to make but looks fancy as heck. Especially when garnished, this drink looks super fancy. But it's so easy to make!
💭 What is a Ginger Pear Holiday Mocktail?
This drink is a sweet and fizzy non-alcoholic number that's perfect for serving during the winter holidays. It gets its sweetness from pear juice and rosemary-infused simple syrup, while lemon juice and spicy ginger beer bring balance.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Lemon juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Rosemary simple syrup: This syrup is so easy to make at home and adds a little sweetness and a ton of rosemary flavor to this drink.
- Pear juice: I used store bought pear juice, but I don't see why you couldn't run some pears through a juicer, if you have one.
- Ginger beer: Use your favorite ginger beer. I tend to reach for Fever Tree.
🔀 Substitutions or Variations
- Use plain simple syrup. Don't have rosemary simple syrup on hand? You can use plain simple syrup instead. In this case, toss some fresh rosemary into the shaker with your juices and syrup and give it a quick muddle before shaking and straining.
- Make it a cocktail. You can feel free to add a shot of your liquor of choice to this mocktail to make it a cocktail instead!
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Ginger Pear Mocktail
Step 1. Pour lemon juice into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Step 2. Add rosemary simple syrup to the shaker.
Step 3. Add pear juice to the shaker.
Step 4. Cap the shaker and shake until very cold (about 10 seconds) before straining into a rocks glass with ice.
Step 5. Top with ginger beer.
Step 6. Garnish your glass with a sprig of fresh rosemary and a slice of fresh pear.
❓ Recipe FAQs
No. You can also use plain simple syrup and muddle the syrup and juices with a bit of fresh rosemary instead.
Sure! Just add a shot of your favorite liquor to this mocktail to make it a cocktail.
Yep! You can mix up a big batch of the lemon juice, rosemary simple syrup, and pear juice. Just divide that among your glasses and top everything off with ginger beer when you're ready to drink.
🔗 Other non-alcoholic drink recipes
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
Ginger Pear Holiday Mocktail
- 1 ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ¼ ounce rosemary simple syrup
- 2 ounces pear juice
- 2 ounces ginger beer
- fresh rosemary and slice of pear for garnish (optional)
- Add lemon juice, rosemary simple syrup, and pear juice to a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until very cold and strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish the drink with a sprig of fresh rosemary and a slice of pear, if desired.
- If you don't have or don't want to make rosemary simple syrup, you can use plain simple syrup and add some fresh rosemary to your cocktail shaker. Before adding ice and shaking, muddle the rosemary with the simple syrup, lemon juice, and pear juice. Add ice, shake, and proceed with the recipe as written.
- Use whatever ginger beer that you prefer.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.