This Peppermint Moscow Mule is sweet, spicy, and pleasantly minty! It's the perfect cocktail pairing for any of your winter holidays.
Also! The copper mugs you see in the photos were provided to me, free of charge, by Advanced Mixology. As always, all opinions are my own.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. If you can pour some ingredients into a mug, then you can make this drink.
It tastes great. This drink is sweet, spicy, and pleasantly minty!
It's very festive. Vibrant red cranberry juice and minty vodka make this a perfect drink for the winter holiday season.
💭 What is a Peppermint Moscow Mule?
A classic Moscow Mule is made with plain vodka, lime juice, and ginger beer. A peppermint mule is made with peppermint vodka, lime juice, cranberry juice, and ginger beer.
Admittedly, I was a little skeptical that peppermint vodka and ginger beer would play well together. I'm glad that I decided to try it out anyway, because they're great together!
- Cranberry juice: You can use pure cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail, depending on what you prefer. Keep in mind that cranberry juice cocktail is much sweeter.
- Peppermint vodka: Smirnoff makes a peppermint vodka that is pretty easily found in liquor stores around the winter holidays.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Garnishes: As always, garnishes are optional but you can garnish this drink with a lime wedge and a mini candy cane.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Peppermint Moscow Mule
Couldn't be easier.
Start by filling a copper mug with crushed ice. Add the peppermint vodka, cranberry juice, and lime juice. Stir everything together gently with a bar spoon.
Top the mug off with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge and a mini candy cane!
🔗 More Moscow Mule recipes
Need more Moscow Mule cocktail recipes? Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes.
Whatever you have/prefer! Keep in mind that plain juice is much more tart and cocktail is much sweeter.
Nope, not mandatory. But it is pretty and keeps your drink cold.
It can be found pretty readily in the liquor store around the winter holiday season.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Candy Cane Moscow Mules
- 1.5 oz peppermint vodka
- 3 oz cranberry juice see notes
- 3 oz ginger beer
- ½ lime juiced
- mini candy canes lime wedge, and fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Pour the peppermint vodka, cranberry juice, and ginger beer over crushed ice.
- Add the lime juice and stir gently.
- Garnish with mini candy canes, a lime wedge, and fresh cranberries.
- You can use pure cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail, depending on your preference. Just keep in mind that the former will be more tart and the latter will be much sweeter.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.