Last Updated on February 20, 2021 by laurenpacek
This Holiday Gin Moscow Mule is festive AF and is a really delicious variation on the Moscow Mule. While the flavors themselves are plenty festive enough, dressing this cocktail up with fresh rosemary and cranberries really takes it over the top!
The holiday season was made for festive cocktails
These cocktails, while delicious any time of the year, are particularly good for the holiday season. I mean, look at them! Red, green, full of booze...
Speaking of which... The holiday season can be pretty stressful, amirite? Mix up some Holiday Gin Moscow Mules, sit back, and relax. You deserve it. Might I suggest doing so in front of a roaring fire? That's certainly my plan for this holiday season.
What ingredients go into this drink?
- Gin: I really like this local American Dry Gin.
- Cranberry juice: Use pure cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail, per your preference. Just keep in mind that pure cranberry juice will result in a more tart cocktail.
- Rosemary simple syrup: Essentially, you'll whip up a plain simple syrup, but let rosemary steep in the hot sugar/water for a bit. It's so easy and so flavorful.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Ginger beer: The spicier the better, in my opinion.
- Garnishes: Technically the garnishes are optional. Butttttt I think they should be required. Garnish your drink with a sprig of fresh rosemary, fresh cranberries, and a lime wedge.
Looking for related recipes?
Love gin and want more? Check out this equally festive Cranberry Gin and Tonic!
You all know I have a serious thing for Moscow Mules. Is my love for this cocktail over the top? Maybe. But if you're looking for other Mules, I've got you covered. What kind of spirits do you fancy?
Last, but certainly not least, if you're a fan of tequila, the Mexican Moscow Mule may be for you.
- 1 ½ oz gin, see notes
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- ¾ oz rosemary simple syrup, see notes
- ½ lime, juiced
- 3 oz ginger beer
- fresh cranberries, sprig of rosemary, and lime wedge, for garnish
- In a copper mug over ice, combine the gin, cranberry juice, rosemary simple syrup, and lime juice.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, a sprig of rosemary, and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 913Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 208gFiber: 16gSugar: 177gProtein: 2g
Pin this recipe for later!