This Gin Mule with Cranberry Juice is festive AF and is a really delicious variation on the Moscow Mule. While the flavors themselves are plenty festive enough, dressing this cocktail up with fresh rosemary and cranberries really takes it over the top!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's very festive. Both the flavors and colors (hello red and green) of this cocktail make it perfect for the holiday season.
It is easy to make. If you can pour some liquids into a mug or glass, then this recipe is for you.
It tastes great. So many great flavors meld together in one drink: cranberry, rosemary, lime, ginger.
💭 What is a Gin Mule with Cranberry Juice?
A classic Moscow Mule is made with lime juice, vodka, and ginger beer. A gin mule, as you might be able to guess, swap the vodka for gin.
This holiday-themed mule adds cranberry juice and rosemary simple syrup to the mix for a perfectly festive cocktail.
- Gin: I really like this local American Dry Gin.
- Cranberry juice: Use pure cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail, per your preference. Just keep in mind that pure cranberry juice will result in a more tart cocktail.
- Rosemary simple syrup: Essentially, you'll whip up a plain simple syrup, but let rosemary steep in the hot sugar/water for a bit. It's so easy and so flavorful.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Ginger beer: The spicier the better, in my opinion.
- Garnishes: Technically the garnishes are optional. Butttttt I think they should be required. Garnish your drink with a sprig of fresh rosemary, fresh cranberries, and a lime wedge.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Gin Mule with Cranberry Juice
Making any mule is very easy. This holiday version is no exception.
Start out with a copper mug filled with ice. You don't technically have to use a copper mug, but they're very pretty. And traditional. Plus they keep your drink cold.
Add the juices and gin. After that, top it all off with some ginger beer. This part really isn't mandatory, but I think it's very nice: garnish your mug with fresh rosemary, cranberries, and a lime wedge.
🔗 More Moscow Mule Recipes
Need more Moscow Mule recipes? Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes!
You can use either, depending upon what you prefer. Keep in mind that cranberry juice cocktail is much sweeter.
Use your favorite!
Use whatever you prefer. Ginger beers vary in terms of sweetness and spiciness. Try a few and find one that you like.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Holiday Gin Moscow Mule
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- .5 lime juiced
- .75 oz rosemary simple syrup
- 1.5 oz gin see notes
- 3 oz ginger beer
- fresh cranberries, sprig of rosemary, and lime wedge, for garnish
- In a copper mug over ice, add the cranberry juice, lime juice, and rosemary simple syrup.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries, a sprig of rosemary, and a lime wedge.
- Use whatever gin you prefer
- You can use cranberry juice or cranberry juice cocktail, according to your preferences. Keep in mind that cranberry juice cocktail will be much sweeter.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.