Making Strawberry Simple Syrup is, well, simple! It's great in cocktails. Whip up a batch and store it in the fridge.
- 🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- 💭 What is strawberry simple syrup?
- 📝 What ingredients go into strawberry simple syrup?
- 👩🏻🍳 How do you make strawberry simple syrup from scratch?
- 🔗 Other flavored syrup recipes
- ❓ Frequently Asked Questions
- 🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media
- ✨ Recipe
- 📌 Pin this recipe for later!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. If you can simmer some water, you can make this recipe.
It tastes great. It's sweet and full of strawberry flavor.
You can use it in all of your drinks. This syrup is the perfect addition to cocktails and mocktails!
💭 What is strawberry simple syrup?
Simple syrup is a syrup that's made by simmering water and sugar together until the sugar is totally combined. Strawberry simple syrup is a simple syrup that's been infused with the flavors of fresh (or frozen) strawberries!
📝 What ingredients go into strawberry simple syrup?
One of the great things about this recipe is that it uses so few ingredients. Just 3 to be exact. You'll need:
- Strawberries: Just wash, hull, and quarter a pint of fresh strawberries.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar, please.
- Water: Just regular old water from the tap will do just fine.
👩🏻🍳 How do you make strawberry simple syrup from scratch?
As the name implies, it's pretty simple. Follow the steps below.
Add sliced strawberries to your sauce pan.
Next, add sugar to the pan.
Add water, too.
Whisk everything to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately turn down the heat so that the mixture is simmering. Simmer for 20 minutes before removing it from the heat.
Strain the syrup into a container and allow it to cool to room temperature before stashing in the fridge.
🔗 Other flavored syrup recipes
Looking for more flavored simple syrup recipes? I have plenty! Click through the photos below to find a new favorite.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it will eventually go bad. It should last approximately a week or two in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
Yes! Store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
This syrup should last approximately a week or two if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You can prolong the shelf life a little bit by adding about half an ounce of plain vodka to the syrup.
Sure! Just sub the fruit of choice for the strawberries.
My preferred way to use it is in cocktails. For instance, definitely check out these Strawberry Cucumber Vodka Gimlets as well as my Strawberry Mojitos. You won't be mad that you made either one.
Another suggested use is to use the simple syrup to moisten layer cakes or cupcakes. Just brush it on with a pastry brush.
Sure, fresh or frozen works.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Whisk to combine everything.
- Over medium heat, bring everything to a boil then immediately reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering.
- Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes before removing the sauce pan from the heat.
- Strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve into whatever container you plan on storing the simple syrup in.
- Allow it to cool before stashing it in the fridge. It will keep for up to a month.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries, depending on what you can get your hands on
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.