Last Updated on June 3, 2021 by laurenpacek
Making Strawberry Simple Syrup is, well, simple! It's great in cocktails. Whip up a batch and store it in the fridge.
Table of contents
What ingredients go into strawberry simple syrup?
One of the great things about this recipe is that it uses so few ingredients. Just 3 to be exact. You'll need:
- Strawberries: Just wash, hull, and quarter a pint of fresh strawberries.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar, please.
- Water: Just regular old water from the tap will do just fine.
How do you make strawberry simple syrup from scratch?
As the name implies, it's pretty simple. Follow the steps below.
Add sliced strawberries to your sauce pan.
Add sugar to the pan.
Add water, too.
Whisk everything to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then immediately turn down the heat so that the mixture is simmering. Simmer for 20 minutes before removing it from the heat.
Strain into a container and allow it to cool to room temperature before stashing in the fridge.
Frequently Asked Questions
If stored in an airtight container in the fridge, it can keep for up to a month.
Sure! Just sub the fruit of choice for the strawberries.
My preferred way to use it is in cocktails. For instance, definitely check out these Strawberry Cucumber Vodka Gimlets as well as my Strawberry Mojitos. You won't be mad that you made either one.
Another suggested use is to use the simple syrup to moisten layer cakes or cupcakes. Just brush it on with a pastry brush.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and water to a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Whisk to combine everything.
- Over medium heat, bring everything to a boil then immediately reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering.
- Allow it to simmer for 20 minutes before removing the sauce pan from the heat.
- Strain the simple syrup through a fine mesh sieve into whatever container you plan on storing the simple syrup in.
- Allow it to cool before stashing it in the fridge. It will keep for up to a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 0g
This is based on the assumption that the recipe makes ~1.5 cups of simple syrup and that a serving size is 1 oz.