This Peppermint Syrup is the perfect addition to all of your winter beverages. It's sweet, minty, and so easy to make. It's great when added to coffee, lattes, teas, and other desserts.
Looking for more flavored syrup recipes? My Gingerbread Syrup is warmly spiced and flavorful. Pumpkin Spice Syrup is full of warm Fall spices and real pumpkin!
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's very easy to make. Can you simmer some water? Then you can definitely make this syrup!
- It only requires three ingredients. Just three! And one of those is water.
- It is very versatile. This syrup can be used in coffee, tea, mocktails, cocktails, over ice cream, you name it!
💭 What is Peppermint Syrup?
Peppermint Syrup is just plain simple syrup that has been flavored with peppermint extract.
You only need THREE ingredients to make this homemade peppermint syrup.
- Water: Plain tap (or filtered) water will do.
- Sugar: Use white granulated sugar for this recipe.
- Peppermint extract: Pick up a bottle of peppermint extract in the baking aisle of the grocery store.
👩🏻🍳 How do you make Peppermint Syrup?
It's very easy to whip up some peppermint syrup. Start by combining water and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Whisk everything occasionally to ensure that the sugar dissolves fully into the water.
Once the sugar has dissolved and a syrup has formed, add the peppermint extract and give everything another whisk.
Now all you need to do is let the syrup cool down before stashing it in an airtight container in the fridge! If you want to extend the shelf life of this syrup a bit, add about half an ounce of plain vodka to the syrup.
🔗 Other flavored syrup recipes
If you're looking for more flavored simple syrup recipes (I know I can never have enough), look no further! Check out the photos and links below for more ideas.
- Mint Simple Syrup from A Nerd Cooks (similar to this syrup, but uses fresh mint)
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup from A Nerd Cooks
- Hibiscus Syrup from Mitten Girl
- Demerara Syrup from A Nerd Cooks
- Banana Syrup from The Littlest Crumb
- Gingerbread Syrup from A Nerd Cooks
❓ FAQs/Tips and tricks
Yes, it will eventually go bad. It should last approximately a week or two in the fridge if stored in an airtight container.
This syrup should last approximately a week or two if stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You can prolong the shelf life a little bit by adding about half an ounce of plain vodka to the syrup.
Yes, it needs to be refrigerated. Make sure to store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
It would make a lovely addition to my Iced Peppermint Mocha or Peppermint Hot Chocolate!
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
- Glass bottles for storage
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- Combine the water and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the peppermint extract, then turn the heat off.
- Allow the syrup to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can extend the shelf life of this syrup a bit by adding about ½ an ounce of plain vodka to the syrup
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Leave a Reply