This Watermelon Mojito is fresh, sweet, and oh-so-refreshing. It's a really delicious twist on a classic cocktail.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It is delicious. Mojitos are so refreshing and delicious. This watermelon variety is no different.
It's very easy to make. This recipe doesn't even require a cocktail shaker. You can totally do this.
It is a fun and easy riff on a classic. It's so easy to make and is a really interesting riff on a classic mojito.
💭 What is a Watermelon Mojito?
Okay so a classic mojito is a Cuban cocktail made of mint, lime juice, sugar (sometimes simple syrup), rum, and club soda.
This watermelon version replaces the plain simple syrup with a delicious watermelon syrup that gives this drink sweet, fresh flavor and a beautiful pale pink color.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make a truly delicious Watermelon Mojito. Let's look at them and talk through them below. See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Mint: Fresh mint leaves, please.
- Watermelon syrup: You can use homemade or store bought watermelon syrup. My recipe (linked above) is so easy and delicious. If you want to buy yours, Torani has a watermelon syrup.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please!
- Rum: Use your favorite white rum here. Stay away from spiced rum, as it will alter the flavor and appearance of the drink in a not so great way.
- Club soda: A bit of neutral-flavored bubbles.
- Garnishes: I'd definitely recommend garnishing your drink with a big sprig of mint, at least. A fresh watermelon wedge is a bonus.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Watermelon Mojito
🔗 Other rum cocktails
Use whatever white rum you prefer. I used one from a local distillery in Pittsburgh, PA. Stay away from spiced rum, as it will alter the flavor and appearance of the drink in a less than ideal way.
I haven't tried it, but I don't see why not. Just muddle a bit of fresh watermelon with the mint, lime juice, and plain simple syrup.
No, you can use a store bought variety (like Torani). However, the homemade kind is particularly delicious and easy to make.
I mean, you can, but I wouldn't. You can't beat the flavor and freshness of freshly squeezed juice.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and ⭐️ star rating below!
- 5 mint leaves plus 1 large sprig for garnish
- ½ ounce watermelon syrup
- ¾ ounce lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 ounces white rum
- club soda to top
- fresh watermelon for garnish
- Add the mint leaves, watermelon syrup, and lime juice to a tall glass.
- Use a cocktail muddler to gently muddle the mint.
- Add rum to the glass.
- Fill the glass with ice. Top with club soda.
- Garnish the drink with a sprig of fresh mint and a wedge of fresh watermelon.
- I recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice versus store bought juice
- You can use a store bought watermelon syrup if you don't want to make homemade syrup
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.