These coconut mojitos are lightly sweet and perfectly refreshing. The coconut flavor is a fun and delicious twist on a classic cocktail.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It is very refreshing. These mojitos are so light and refreshing. They'll help you cool down on hot Summer nights.
It's a fun twist on a classic. Mojitos are great, right? Well what about a coconut mojito? Sweet, tropical, delicious.
It's easy to make. Even a cocktail-making novice can make this drink!
💭 What is a Coconut Mojito?
A classic mojito is a Cuban cocktail made from simple syrup (or sometimes just sugar), fresh mint, lime juice, rum, and club soda.
This Coconut Mojito, on the other hand, gets lots of coconut flavor from coconut rum and coconut sparkling water!
- Simple syrup: You can buy simple syrup at the store, but it's SO easy to make at home.
- Mint: It's gotta be fresh mint here. No dried herbs, please.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please!
- Rum: Mojitos call for light rum (sometimes also called white rum, or silver rum). I used a Captain Morgan coconut rum for this drink.
- Coconut sparkling water: I used La Croix coconut sparkling water. Use your favorite brand. If you can't get coconut, plain or lime would be nice, too.
👩🏻🍳 How to make a Coconut Mojito
Start out by adding the simple syrup, mint leaves, and lime juice to the bottom of a tall glass. Use a cocktail muddler to gently muddle the mint leaves. You don't want to completely destroy them, just muddle to release the flavor and aroma.
Add the rum to the glass, followed by ice. Top everything off with sparkling water and garnish with some more mint!
🔗 More rum cocktails
Need more drinks made with rum? Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes!
The coconut rum is really what makes this a coconut mojito. It imparts the most coconut flavor. So you can use a non-coconut light rum, but it will just be a regular mojito (still delicious!).
This part is a little less crucial. You could substitute the coconut sparkling water for an unflavored or lime flavored version.
100%. Dried mint will not work here.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 5-8 fresh mint leaves
- juice from ½ lime
- 1.5 ounces coconut rum
- Coconut La Croix sparkling water see notes
- a sprig of fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Add the simple syrup, mint leaves, and lime juice to the bottom of a tall glass. Gently muddle the mint.
- Add the rum, followed by ice.
- Top with Coconut La Croix. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- You can use an unflavored sparkling water (lime would be nice, too), but the coconut sparkling water really adds something
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.