Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Roasted Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa are light, fresh, and full of savory-sweet flavor. They're also very easy to make, and come together quickly, making them an ideal weeknight meal.
Tacos are life
We're not strangers to tacos made with seafood, right? These Salmon BLT Tacos are still a favorite in my house. I think you'd love them, too.
I think that seafood in tacos (except for maybe fried/grilled fish) can be a little unexpected. But in my opinion, this kind of unexpected can be a really good thing.
These tacos are perfect for summertime
The combination of savory taco seasoning on sweet shrimp and sweet/tangy/spicy salsa is pretty perfectly complementary. I'm was getting ready to say that it's a great meal for summertime, but really, it's a great meal for any season.
Looking for other taco recipes?
Need more taco action in your life? I got you! Salmon BLT Tacos are unexpected and delicious. Three Ingredient Slow Cooker Taco Chicken and Pressure Cooker Carnitas are a little more traditional, but no less tasty.
Oh! And don't forget about these cute little Turkey Taco Wonton Cups!
For the salsa
- 2 cups pineapple, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- ½ - 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tbs cilantro, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- salt and pepper,, to taste
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ½ lime, juiced
For the tacos
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- guacamole, optional
- queso fresco, optional
To make the salsa
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
To make the shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Place the shrimp, salt, pepper, taco seasoning, and lime juice in a large zip top bag. Close the bag and shake until all shrimp are covered in seasoning.
- Place the seasoned shrimp on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until shrimp are just cooked through.
To assemble the tacos
- One at a time, toast the corn tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat until they just begin to crisp (~1-2 minutes per side).
- Fill the tortillas with shrimp and salsa, as well as whatever other toppings you'd like.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 790mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 13g