Last Updated on July 17, 2021 by laurenpacek
These little bites are perfect party food!
These Turkey Taco Wonton Cups are great party food. They're delicious and perfectly portioned.
Tacos 4 lyfe, amirite?
Honestly, who doesn't love tacos? I'd argue that they are a perfect food.
These Turkey Taco Wonton Cups take all of the flavors and (most of the) ingredients in an (Americanized) taco, and scales things down. These wonton cups can be eaten easily with one hand and consumed in two bites!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 oz taco seasoning
- ¾ cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 36 wonton wrappers
- ½ cup sour cream, for topping
- green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, crumbling while doing so.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until all of the meat is coated.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until it has melted. Add the salsa and shredded cheddar, stir to combine, and turn the heat down to low.
- While the taco filling simmers, press the wonton wrappers into a mini muffin tin. Spray them lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spoon a bit of the taco mixture into each of the cups and top with a bit more cheese. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Top with a dollop of sour cream and some green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 184mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Don't forget about these Shrimp Wonton Cups! They're pretty great, too.