This Cookies and Cream Milkshake is so easy to blend up. It's a Chick Fil A copycat recipe, so you can always have your sweet treat, even when you can't hit up the drive through.
These shakes are sweet, creamy, and packed full of Oreo cookie bits. I can pretty much guarantee that they will please everyone in your life, kids and adults alike.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's easy to make. If you can operate a blender, then you can make this milkshake.
It tastes like the milkshake from Chick Fil A. It's a Chick Fil A copycat recipe, so it will taste like your favorite Chick Fil A treat!
It's a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Kids and adults, alike, will love this one.
💭 This is a Chick Fil A Copycat Cookies and Cream Milkshake
Chick Fil A milkshakes, am I right? IYKYK.
It's pretty much impossible to stop at Chick Fil A and not grab a milkshake. If (okay, when) I swing through the drive thru, I'm 100% getting a Cookies and Cream Milkshake.
I'm kind of a fiend for Oreo cookies. and Oreos are one of the main ingredients in a Cookies and Cream Milkshake. So it stands to reason that I'm also a fiend for an Oreo Milkshake. The ones from Chick Fil A, in particular.
If you can't make it out to pick up some takeout (or let's be honest, if it's Sunday and Chick Fil A is closed), you should definitely have this recipe in your back pocket. Reach for it any time the craving strikes.
- Oreo cookies: For me, Oreos are the perfect cookie. Don't @ me about this. I will not be taking any questions at this time.
- Vanilla ice cream: Use a good quality vanilla ice cream. I'm a big fan of Tillamook (not an ad, just love 'em).
- Milk: I've used 2% cow's milk and plain oat milk, and both have worked well.
- Vanilla extract: Store bought or homemade vanilla extract really gives the vanilla flavor in this milkshake some oomph.
- Whipped cream, cherries, more Oreos: While these aren't technically mandatory, I highly recommend that you top you milkshake with some whipped cream, a maraschino cherry or two, and maybe a whole Oreo cookie. You deserve it.
👩🏻🍳 How do you make this milkshake?
Fortunately for you and for me, making this milkshake is as easy as dumping some ingredients into your blender and pressing a button a few times. You can do this.
Drop the Oreos into your blender, put the lid on, and give the cookies a few pulses. You want to break them up a bit before adding the remaining ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients (minus the garnishes, of course) and blend until things are nice and smooth.
Pour your newly made milkshake into a tall glass, squirt some whipped cream on top and nestle a maraschino cherry and whole Oreo cookie into the whipped cream. I recommend using a nice wide straw to drink your shake. Maybe enlist the help of a long spoon, if needed.
🔗 Other kid-friendly drinks
In need of more kid-friendly drink recipes? Click through some of the photos below for more ideas!
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Sure! It won't be a classic Cookies and Cream, but it will be tasty.
Yeah, get creative with it!
Yup! Just use your preferred dairy-free ice cream/frozen dessert, milk, and whipped topping of choice. Oreos are vegan to begin with, so you don't have to worry about the cookies.
Yes, see the answer to the question above (the one about making it dairy-free).
Sure, just make sure to grab some GF Oreos and to check the labels of your other ingredients.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- 8 Oreo cookies divided
- 2.5 cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Add 6 of the Oreo cookies to a blender. Pulse a few times until the cookies are broken up into small pieces.
- Add the vanilla ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the milkshake between two tall glasses.
- Garnish with whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and one whole Oreo cookie per glass.
- This recipe makes two approximately 12 ounces milkshakes (or about 24 ounces total).
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.