This cocktail is a delicious twist on a classic
This Blood Orange Bourbon Sour recipe is a fun, fruity twist on a classic bourbon or whiskey sour. Give it a try, especially when blood oranges are in season!
FYI – this post contains affiliate links
No excuses needed for enjoying one of these drinks
I was also going to write something about how the weather has been cold and we need cocktails to deal with it, but… Who really needs an excuse to have a little bourbon? Not this kid.
Just enjoy a drink. You deserve it. Treat yo self.
Looking for other bourbon drinks and treats?
Maple Bourbon Moscow Mules, Bourbon Moscow Mules, Bourbon Pumpkin Shrub Cocktails, and a classic Old Fashioned ought to keep you plenty satisfied. This is just the tip of the iceberg, though. Search “bourbon” on this site and see for yourself.
Where did you find this recipe?
I found this recipe on the blog A Cocktail Life.
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz fresh blood orange juice
- 1/2 oz fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup, see notes
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- blood orange slices, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients, minus the orange slice, in a cocktail shaker with ice. Stir until cold.
- Strain into a glass with ice. Garnish with a blood orange slice.
Notes: Instructions for how to make simple syrup can be found here.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
What gear should I have on hand to make this recipe?