Last Updated on February 21, 2021 by laurenpacek
There's not much better than coming home after a long day to this chili
This Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is a great recipe for either a lazy or busy day. Just throw the ingredients in your slow cooker and forget about it until it's time to eat.
Crappy weather and/or lazy day? Make chili!
How does this come together?
It's very easy! You'll start by browning the turkey and cooking all of the veggies in a pan. Toss those, along with the rest of the ingredients (sans toppings), into the slow cooker.
Cook low and slow. Top with whatever toppings make your heart sing. Eat!
Looking for more chili recipes?
This post was updated on September 15, 2018
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- chives or green onions, minced
- avocado, diced
- tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey until browned, crumbling it as you cook.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, garlic, and spices. Stir to combine, and cook for 5-7 minutes more, or until the onions begin to soften.
- Place the turkey mixture in the bottom of a 4 qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir to combine
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, and cook for 4-5 hours on low.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and top with whatever garnishes you desire.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 593mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 10gSugar: 10gProtein: 29g
What gear should I have on hand in order to make this chili?
Pin this recipe for later!