Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by laurenpacek
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pumpkin and chocolate were meant to be together, especially in these Pumpkin Blondies with Chocolate Chips!
What ingredients go into these pumpkin blondies?
- Flour: Just regular all-purpose flour.
- Spices: Lots of really great warming spices! You will want to use: cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. You can also use an equal measure of store bought or homemade pumpkin pie spice mix.
- Baking soda: Baking soda will help the blondies to rise.
- Salt: Kosher salt, please.
- Butter: I always use unsalted butter for baking.
- Sugar: You'll need both white granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Egg: Just one chicken egg.
- Vanilla extract: You can use store bought or homemade vanilla extract here, but make sure to use something that is of good quality.
- Pumpkin: When selecting canned pumpkin, make sure that you're grabbing pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
- Chocolate chips: I used white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips, though you could certainly sub in your preferred chocolate.
Looking for other blondies?
Check out these other pumpkin recipes
I know that "pumpkin season" has come and gone. But I maintain that pumpkin should be consumed year-round. In addition to that, pumpkin and chocolate should be consumed together, year-round. Need more proof? Take a look at these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. How about these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins? I think you see what I'm talking about.
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups white chocolate chips, plus more for topping the blondies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping the blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to leave some overhang on the long sides. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, spices, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat until combined.
- Reduce the speed to low, and, little by little, add the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan in an even layer. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center, comes out clean.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Note: Once you beat in the pumpkin puree, the mixture will look kind of curdled, and that this is completely normal. You're doing just fine.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g