Last Updated on July 14, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist and tender, full of pumpkin flavor, and studded with mini chocolate chips.
Though I generally use pumpkin in my cooking and baking year-round, it's now officially Fall. It's that time of year where we all turn into basic bitches. Pumpkin recipes are fully acceptable. Prepare yourselves.
Actually, I take that back. Sort of. I'm going to try to exercise some amount of restraint this year. If I can't limit the overall quantity, I'll at least make an effort to scatter non pumpkin recipes throughout the coming months.
Pumpkin and chocolate really do play well together, though, and are perfect in these muffins.
See these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for another example.
This recipe is slightly adapted from Sweet and Savoury Pursuits.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable/canola oil or apple sauce
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for on top of muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the sugars, eggs, oil, and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups (they will be pretty full). Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g