Last Updated on February 5, 2021 by laurenpacek
What's better than a regular blueberry muffin? A jumbo blueberry muffin!
These Jumbo Blueberry Muffins are BIG, full of sweet blueberries, tangy lemon zest, and have domed tops that are also crunchy (thanks to the addition of turbinado sugar)!
Sometimes, you gotta go big. Jumbo, even.
Sometimes a regular sized muffin just will not do. Sometimes you want a big ass muffin like you'd get in a coffee shop. Know what I'm saying?
When that desire strikes, look no further than these Jumbo Blueberry Muffins.
The recipe is based on one that I've used before (see these Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins). Naturally, I swapped out chocolate for fresh, sweet blueberries and zingy lemon zest.
Let's give the component parts time to shine!
You may have started to catch on, based on recent posts in the past, but I've taken to photographing some of the major ingredients in my recipes. These blueberries deserved a chance to shine on their own!
I did that here, in my post about Basil Infused Vodka, too.
Can I make this recipe into regular-sized muffins?
Okay, so you don't have to make 'em jumbo.
Of course, you can always make regular-sized muffins from this recipe. I've included baking instructions (as the times will vary) for both regular and jumbo muffin varieties.
Basically, what I'm saying is: you do you! There's no wrong way to muffin.
What equipment should I pick up to make this?
- If you want to go jumbo, it's well worth it to pick up a couple of these jumbo muffin pans. I picked them up some time back and really like them.
- This regular muffin pan is nice too.
They're both Wilton products, which I always trust to be high quality. Not an ad but... Wilton, get at me.
- I also have these spatulas in teal, and love them. They're basic, but get the job done.
- You can find turbinado sugar in most grocery stores, but in case you can't, you can find some here.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 pint blueberries, reserving a few for topping muffins
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Turbinado sugar, for topping muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners (or spray with cooking spray) and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternate between adding the dry ingredients and yogurt.
- On low speed, fold in the blueberries and lemon zest.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them all the way to the top. Top with some extra blueberries and turbinado sugar to make them look extra pretty.
If making jumbo muffins (makes 8)
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for 22 more minutes, or until slightly browned on top and a toothpick/knife, when inserted in the center of each muffin, comes out clean.
If making regular-sized muffins (makes 18)
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for 15 more minutes, or until slightly browned on top and a toothpick/knife, when inserted in the center of each muffin, comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for a couple of minutes, and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 537mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 3gSugar: 59gProtein: 13g
More muffins is the answer.
Anyone who disagrees can fight me. Kidding. Mostly ;).
If you want more muffin recipes, do yourself a favor and check these guys out:
- Gingerbread Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Muesli Muffins
- Apple Oat Streusel Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Double Chocolate Banana Walnut Muffins
Pin this recipe for later!