Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Lucky Charms Cereal Bars are a fun, sweet twist on the traditional Rice Krispie treat. They'd be perfect for St. Patrick's Day!
I cannot be trusted around cereal
I love cereal. Like, to an unhealthy, almost unnatural degree. It really doesn't matter what kind of cereal, either. Super sugary children's cereals? Yes, please. Healthier options? Also yes. I'm not exactly sure what it is that I love so much, but I can't help myself. We don't keep in the house for this reason.
An exception was made for these bars. Lucky Charms (for which I have a particular affinity) replace puffed rice cereal in a traditional Rice Krispie Treat recipe to make Lucky Charms Marshmallow Bars. These were perfect for St. Patrick's Day, and seriously couldn't be easier to make.
What ingredients go into these cereal bars?
- Butter: I use unsalted butter.
- Marshmallows: I've found that the mini marshmallows are easier to work with than the full-sized guys. But use whatever you have on hand!
- Lucky Charms cereal: The one and only.
How do these bars come together?
If you've made Rice Krispie treats, you know how this process goes.
Start by melting the butter and marshmallows in a big pot. Things will be quite sticky. Pour the cereal into the butter/marshmallow goodness and stir until the cereal has been coated.
Spread everything into a prepared pan, smooth it out, and let things cool down and solidify (if you can wait, that is!).
Want other fun St. Patricks Day recipes?
As it turns out, I have plenty for you!
Oooh AND, please don't forget about these Mini Baileys Cheesecakes! There's Irish Cream in the cheesecake batter and the ganache. So good.
And if you'd rather drink your St. Paddy's Day treat, give my Baileys Iced Coffee a shot (pun intended).
- 3 tbs butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- Line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan or pot (I used a Dutch oven), melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Lucky Charms cereal. Stir until the cereal is well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into the prepared 9x13-inch pan.
- Allow the bars to cool before cutting into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g