Last Updated on May 7, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Pomegranate Margaritas are tart, not too sweet, and would be perfect for sipping on Cinco de Mayo. But they're great any time!
What ingredients go into these margaritas?
- Lime juice and kosher salt: For rimming the glass(es). You could also use water and/or sugar, depending on your preference.
- Tequila: I like an añejo tequila, but use whatever you're into.
- Triple sec: Admittedly, I don't go for anything very expensive, and these margs turn out delicious nonetheless.
- Pomegranate juice: Just buy the bottled stuff!
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please!
- Pomegranate arils & lime wedges: For garnish. They're not mandatory but make the drink look so pretty.
What food would pair well with these margs?
I'd highly recommend serving these alongside some Pressure Cooker Carnitas or Slow Cooker Taco Chicken. Serve them up taco-style, in a burrito or quesadilla, or just on their own. Maybe alongside some Cilantro Lime Rice?
Looking for other tequila-based cocktails?
Because I got 'em!
In keeping with the pomegranate them, these Pomegranate Champagne Moscow Mules ain't bad, either!
- lime wedge for rimming the glass, optional
- kosher salt or sugar for rimming the glass, optional
- 3 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 ½ oz tequila
- ¾ oz triple sec
- 1 lime, juiced
- pomegranate arils, for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Rub a wedge of lime around the rim of a margarita or rocks glass. Turn the glass upside down and press the rim into the coarse salt or sugar. Carefully add ice to the glass. Set it aside.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice, combine the pomegranate juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake until very cold and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and a lime wedge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 544Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 605mgCarbohydrates: 108gFiber: 20gSugar: 66gProtein: 7g