This Apple Cider Margarita is a sweet and boozy way to toast to the Fall season. Sweet apple cider and herbaceous rosemary are fun additions to an otherwise classic cocktail.
No matter what the actual temperature is outside, sipping on one of these margaritas makes me feel like Fall is in the air.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's delicious. Sweet apple cider and tequila are really great together. Don't forget that cinnamon-sugar-salt rim!
It is perfect for Fall. Few things say "Fall" more than fresh apple cider.
It's very easy to make. If you can shake up a few ingredients in a cocktail shaker, then you can totally make this cocktail.
💭 What is an Apple Cider Margarita?
We all know the classic margarita: tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and maybe some simple syrup. Well, this version adds sweet fresh apple cider to the mix, plus a cinnamon-sugar-salt rim, to give tons of Fall flavor.
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary, please! If you don't have fresh rosemary, just omit it, rather than opting for dried.
- Tequila: Use whatever kind of tequila that you prefer.
- Triple sec: Triple sec is a sweet, orange-flavored liqueur. Again, use whatever kind you prefer.
- Apple cider: Did you know that apple cider is actually available all year long? It is! I think it's best in the Fall, but grab some whenever the craving for one of these margaritas strikes.
- Apple slices: These are optional, but look very nice as a garnish.
- Cinnamon, sugar, salt: Use this mixture to rim the glass. Salt is the traditional option for rimming a margarita glass, but cinnamon and sugar really contribute to the Fall feel of this drink.
👩🏻🍳 How do you make an Apple Cider Margarita?
Making an Apple Cider Margarita is no more difficult than making a regular margarita!
You'll start out by rimming your chosen glass with a salt, cinnamon, and sugar mixture. Next, add ice to the glass, being careful not to dislodge the rim.
Drop a fresh sprig of rosemary into the bottom of a cocktail shaker, followed by some ice. Add the tequila, triple sec, and apple cider.
Shake, shake, shake until the cocktail shaker is very cold. Strain the margarita into your glass and garnish with some more rosemary and some fresh apple slices!
🔗 Other margarita recipes
I have others! You can never have too many, right? Right. Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes.
❓ Frequently Asked Questions
Use whatever variety that you prefer!
Yes! If you prefer a slightly smoky margarita, definitely sub mezcal for the tequila. In fact, I have a mezcal apple cider margarita recipe for you!
Yes? But you won't get that signature opaque appearance that cider imparts.
Technically, no. But I think it adds a nice herbaceous flavor to the cocktail.
🖤 Follow me and share your creations on social media!
Apple Cider Margarita
For the salt/cinnamon/sugar rim
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the margarita
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary divided
- 2 oz tequila
- ¾ oz triple sec
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 oz apple cider
- apple slices for garnish (optional)
- On a small plate, mix the salt, sugar, and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Dip the rim of the glass in a bit of water, then into the cinnamon/sugar/salt mixture. Add ice to the glass and set aside.
- Place one sprig of rosemary in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and apple cider.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, or until very cold. Pour into the prepared glass over ice and garnish with remaining rosemary and apple slices, if desired.
- Make sure to use apple cider and not apple juice
- Use whatever tequila that you prefer!
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.