Last Updated on September 7, 2021 by laurenpacek
Apple Cider Margaritas are a sweet and boozy way to toast to the Fall season. Sweet apple cider and herbaceous rosemary are fun additions to an otherwise classic cocktail.
No matter what the actual temperature is outside, sipping on one of these margaritas makes me feel like Fall is in the air.
Table of contents
What ingredients go into an Apple Cider Margarita?
- Rosemary: Fresh rosemary, please! If you don't have fresh rosemary, just omit it, rather than opting for dried.
- Tequila: Use whatever kind of tequila that you prefer.
- Triple sec: Triple sec is a sweet, orange-flavored liqueur. Again, use whatever kind you prefer.
- Apple cider: Did you know that apple cider is actually available all year long? It is! I think it's best in the Fall, but grab some whenever the craving for one of these margaritas strikes.
- Apple slices: These are optional, but look very nice as a garnish.
- Cinnamon, sugar, salt: Use this mixture to rim the glass. Salt is the traditional option for rimming a margarita glass, but cinnamon and sugar really contribute to the Fall feel of this drink.
How do you make an Apple Cider Margarita?
Making an Apple Cider Margarita is no more difficult than making a regular margarita!
You'll start out by rimming your chosen glass with a salt, cinnamon, and sugar mixture. Next, add ice to the glass, being careful not to dislodge the rim.
Drop a fresh sprig of rosemary into the bottom of a cocktail shaker, followed by some ice. Add the tequila, triple sec, and apple cider.
Shake, shake, shake until the cocktail shaker is very cold. Strain the margarita into your glass and garnish with some more rosemary and some fresh apple slices!
Other margarita recipes
I have others! You can never have too many, right? Right.
Check out my Cadillac Margaritas if you're looking to elevate things a little bit. They're delicious and use top shelf liquors.
Looking for a bit of spice? Check out my Spicy Jalapeño Pineapple Margaritas!
Other apple recipes
On the somewhat healthier end of the spectrum, we have these Gluten Free (and refined sugar-free) Muesli Muffins! They're full of grated apple. These Apple Oat Streusel Muffins are less healthy, but still made with apples.
These fried Apple Cider Donuts are so. good. They're well worth the effort to dirty your kitchen and deep fry some sweet treats. Trust me on that one.
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars are delicious and a guaranteed crowd pleaser, too. The recipe makes a big batch, too. So they're perfect for sharing!
Frequently Asked Questions
Use whatever variety that you prefer!
Yes! If you prefer a slightly smoky margarita, definitely sub mezcal for the tequila. In fact, I have a mezcal apple cider margarita recipe for you!
Yes? But you won't get that signature opaque appearance that cider imparts.
Technically, no. But I think it adds a nice herbaceous flavor to the cocktail.
Don't forget to follow me and share your creations on social media!
Subscribe to the A Nerd Cooks Newsletter to have updates sent straight to your inbox.
I love seeing when you share my recipes! Please tag me on Instagram @anerdcooks so I can enjoy them virtually with you! You can also find me on Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
I'd love to know what you thought of this recipe! Don't forget to leave a comment and
⭐️ star rating below!
For the salt/cinnamon/sugar rim
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the margarita
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 2 oz tequila
- ¾ oz triple sec
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 oz apple cider
- apple slices, for garnish (optional)
- On a small plate, mix the salt, sugar, and cinnamon together until well combined.
- Dip the rim of the glass in a bit of water, then into the cinnamon/sugar/salt mixture. Add ice to the glass and set aside.
- Place one sprig of rosemary in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Add the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and apple cider.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds, or until very cold. Pour into the prepared glass over ice and garnish with remaining rosemary and apple slices, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1264mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 4gSugar: 30gProtein: 1g