Last Updated on February 20, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Cara Cara Orange Margaritas are sweet, just a little tart, and pleasantly boozy. You will not regret shaking up one (or two!) of these drinks.
I am obsessed with Cara Cara oranges. There, I said it. It's always really exciting when they start showing up in grocery stores. Fortunately, Costco often carries them during the Winter months. I picked up a big bag during our last shopping trip.
Cara Caras are sweet, not very tart, and have really pretty pink-orange flesh. I like to peel and slice them up to have for breakfast with some avocado and a little kosher salt. They're also good in a salad. And now, I know that they're great in a cocktail.
If you can't get your hands on Cara Cara oranges, you can sub navel or even blood oranges. But please use freshly juiced fruit. It makes all the difference.
It can be as simple as cutting an orange in half and squeezing it over a strainer. I put my Le Creuset citrus juicer to work when making these drinks (not sponsored--boy do I wish--I just really like it).
- lime wedge, for rimming glass
- kosher salt, for rimming glass
- 2 oz Cara Cara orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 ½ oz blanco or silver tequila
- ¾ oz triple sec
- ½ lime,, juiced
- lime and Cara Cara orange wedges, for garnish
- Rim a rocks or margarita glass with lime juice and kosher salt. See the notes for detailed instructions on how to do this. Add ice to the glass and set aside.
- Over ice, add the orange juice, tequila, triple sec, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with lime and Cara Cara orange wedges.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 101668mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 13gSugar: 56gProtein: 4g