These Orange Margaritas are sweet, just a little tart, and pleasantly boozy. You will not regret shaking up one (or two!) of these drinks.
🌟 Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's very easy to make. If you can squeeze some citrus and pour ingredients into a shaker, then you can make this drink!
You can customize it. Juice whatever kind of oranges you like and use whatever sort of tequila that you prefer!
It tastes great. Sweet OJ is added to a classic sweet-tart marg for one delicious beverage.
💭 What is an Orange Margarita
We're all familiar with the classic margarita: lime juice, maybe some simple syrup, triple sec, and tequila. Well, an Orange Margarita adds freshly squeezed orange juice to the mix!
- Orange juice: While you can sub store bought juice if you need to, I highly recommend using freshly squeezed OJ. You can use whatever kind of oranges you prefer, too.
- Lime juice: Freshly squeezed, please.
- Triple sec: This adds even more sweet orange flavor.
- Tequila: Use your favorite! I tend to reach for a tequila añejo or reposado, but you do you.
- Salt: For rimming your glass.
👩🏻🍳 How to make an Orange Margarita
It's very easy to make an Orange Margarita.
Start by adding your orange and lime juices, along with triple sec and tequila to a cocktail shaker with ice. Cap it and shake it until it is very cold - this should take about 10 seconds or so.
Strain your drink into a glass that has been rimmed with salt and filled with ice. If you're feeling fancy (you are), garnish your drink with some fresh lime and/or orange slices!
🔗 Other margarita recipes
In need of more recipes for delicious margaritas? Click on any of the photos below to go straight to the recipes.
You can use the juice of whatever kind of oranges that you prefer. You can also use store bought or freshly squeezed - I recommend fresh juice for the best flavor.
In short, use whatever you prefer!
Sure! Double the amounts of each ingredient, shake, and strain into two glasses.
🖤 Share your creations and follow me on social media!
- lime wedge for rimming glass
- kosher salt for rimming glass
- 2 oz orange juice freshly squeezed
- ½ lime freshly squeezed
- ¾ oz triple sec
- 1 ½ oz blanco or silver tequila
- lime and orange wedges for garnish
- Rim a rocks or margarita glass with lime juice and kosher salt. Add ice to the glass and set aside.
- Over ice, add the orange juice, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila to a cocktail shaker. Shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with lime and orange wedges.
- You can use any type of orange that you prefer. I've made this with Cara Cara oranges as well as regular, run-of-the-mill, navel oranges. They have both been delicious.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.