Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by laurenpacek
This pasta is late Summertime magic.
Creamy Corn and Bucatini with Burrata makes excellent use of late Summer sweet corn. Combine a deceptively simple sauce with creamy burrata and you have a bonkers delicious dinner.
This pasta is sweet, simple, and delicious.
I've told several people about this recipe, and each and every one of them kind of cocked an eyebrow and said that it sounded "... interesting." But hear me out! It's really quite good!
Sweet corn is at its best right now. It's sweet and bursting with flavor. We all love sweet corn, right?
And then there's pasta. I know y'all are into that. Who isn't?
So, why not combine the two? Fresh sweet corn, carb-y pasta, fresh chives, and crazy delicious burrata cheese come together to put you in late summer pasta heaven.
How does this pasta recipe come together?
It's really very easy. You'll start by boiling some bucatini pasta (it's like spaghetti, but fatter and is hollow). Y'all know how to cook dried pasta.
Sauté fresh corn kernels in some butter, along with some kosher salt and red pepper flakes for heat. The addition of starchy pasta water helps to make the sauce, well, saucy.
Blend everything up using an immersion blender (or regular blender) until a mostly smooth sauce forms. Toss that pasta in the sauce, top with black pepper, chives, and burrata, and you are in business.
Plate everything on a platter or in a large serving bowl
Looking for other pasta recipes?
I can help you out with that.
Broccoli Pesto Pasta is a beautiful and delicious option, too.
What about more corny recipes?
You know, recipes made with corn.
So, what inspired this recipe?
I found this bonkers delicious recipe on The Kitchn. I spied it while scrolling through my Facebook feed and immediately knew I had to make it.
- 1 lb dried bucatini
- 1 ½ cups pasta water
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears of corn), divided
- ¼ tsp chili flakes, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 4-6 oz burrata
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs fresh chives, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the bucatini and cook according to the package directions.
- Reserve 1 ½ cups of pasta water, then drain. the pasta. Set pasta aside while you make the sauce.
- Return the large pot to the stove over medium heat. Add the butter. When melted and foamy, add about ¾ of the corn kernels, along with the chili flakes, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until kernels are bright yellow, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta water to the corn. Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the pot from heat. Using an immersion blender (or a regular blender), purée the corn mixture until creamy and mostly smooth.
- Add the bucatini to the pot and toss to coat with the sauce. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- To serve, transfer the pasta to a platter or large bowl. Sprinkle it with the remaining raw corn kernels.
- Gently break the burrata into several pieces over the pasta. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 626Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1106mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 34g
What equipment should I have on hand to make this recipe?
- An Immersion Blender to blend up the sauce.
- Bucatini pasta! Like fat, hollow, spaghetti.
- A colander, to drain the pasta.
- A beautiful piece of pottery (like the one in these pictures) from Hallyburton Pottery, for serving.