Last Updated on May 11, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Confetti Pudding Cookies are super soft, full of sweet vanilla flavor, and covered in colorful sprinkles!
I originally intended to cover these cookies in red, white, and blue sprinkles for the 4th of July, but after trips to 2 different grocery stores, couldn't find sprinkles in those colors. Very disappointing. They were going to be Firecracker Pudding Cookies.
Once I resigned myself to using multicolored sprinkles, I really debated calling them Funfetti Pudding Cookies. But I feel like they're not technically Funfetti since the sprinkles are only on the outside and not the inside, too.
Anyway, I settled on Confetti Pudding Cookies. Still an okay name, right? At least the cookies are cute. And they taste great. The sprinkles make the outside a bit crunchy, while the cookies themselves are soft and tender.
*dough requires ~1 hour of chilling*
- ½ cup unsalted butter,, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar,, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3.4 oz (1 box) instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sprinkles
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, baking soda, and kosher salt. Mix until combined. Add the flour. Mix again until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix on medium-high speed until they are well distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour the sprinkles into a shallow bowl. Scoop ~2 tbs balls of dough and roll it around in the sprinkles. Place the sprinkle-covered dough balls onto the prepared cookie sheet. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the chilled balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets, approximately 2 inches apart. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 26gProtein: 1g