Last Updated on June 7, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Lemon White Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are super soft and packed with bright, zingy lemon flavor.
It's official: pudding cookies are my new go-to cookie. They addition of pudding mix ensures that they are super soft, bake up perfectly every time, and can be flavored however you like. Want a more traditional chocolate chip cookie? Use vanilla pudding + chocolate chips. Is pistachio your jam? Use pistachio-flavored pudding. You get the idea.
Beyond being delicious, lemon and white chocolate strike me as being a perfect flavor pairing for spring time. The sweet and tangy flavor combination is also a refreshing alternative to all-sweet cookies.
These cookies are adapted from the recipe found on Crazy for Crust.
*Before we dive into the recipe, know that this dough will need to be chilled for at least 1 hour before baking.*
- ½ cup unsalted butter,, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar,, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 3.4 oz instant lemon pudding mix
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips,, plus more for pressing into the tops of the cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar on medium speed. Mix in the egg and lemon extract until smooth.
- Add the pudding mix, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Add the flour. Mix again until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix on medium-high speed until they are distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 2 tbs balls of dough onto the cookie sheet. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Yes, this step is necessary.
- When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two additional baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the chilled balls of cookie dough on the prepared baking sheets, approximately 2 inches apart. Bake 9-11 minutes, or until the edges just start to turn brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and press additional white chocolate chips into the warm cookies, if desired. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g