Last Updated on May 7, 2021 by laurenpacek
I'll admit, there's a lot going on in these Maple Bourbon Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies. Heck, the name itself is a mouthful. But trust me. And stay with me here! All of these flavors and textures are dang near perfect together.
I mean. Chewy cookies studded with melty dark chocolate and crunchy pecans, topped with sea salt, AND a hit of sweet maple bourbon flavor? Come on.
These cookies include some of the same delicious smoked maple bourbon that I used to make these Maple Bourbon Moscow Mules. While the maple version isn't 100% necessary, I do think that it tastes particularly good with the brown sugar heavy flavor of these cookies. It also makes them extra Autumnal, in my opinion.
This recipe comes from Baker By Nature.
For the brown butter
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter
For the buttered pecans
- 1 ½ cups pecans,, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp bourbon maple syrup
For the cookie dough
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar,, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp smoked maple bourbon, see notes
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz dark chocolate,, roughly chopped, plus more for pressing into the tops of the cookies
- 36 pecan halves, for pressing into the tops of each cookie, see notes
- sea salt, see notes
To make the brown butter
- Place the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook for about 3 minutes (stirring pretty much constantly) until the butter has browned.
- Pour the brown butter into a heatproof bowl. Make sure to scrape all of the toasty, brown bits into the bowl as well.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or until the butter is at room temperature. It should not be liquid at all.
To make the buttered pecans
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped pecans and maple syrup and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes. Set them aside until needed.
To make the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, kosher salt, cinnamon, and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium speed, cream the brown butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and bourbon and beat until combined.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating until they are totally combined.
- A little at a time, add the flour. Mix until the flour has just disappeared.
- Add the chocolate and pecans. Mix to distribute throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough out onto the prepared baking sheets. Press pecan halves and chopped chocolate into the top of the cookie dough, if desired.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, or until golden brown at the edges but still soft in the middle. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g