Last Updated on December 2, 2021 by laurenpacek
These bite-sized Mini Bourbon Pecan Pies are undeniably delicious. And their tiny size makes them perfect for sharing. They would make great party food and also be very welcome at a cookie exchange.
Bourbon is the name of the game here
Like I mentioned when sharing these No-Bake Bourbon Balls with you, I made these mini bourbon pecan pies for a bourbon-themed birthday party. What could be better?
You can feel free to dial back the amount of bourbon that's added to these pies. However, since the party was bourbon-themed, I wanted to make sure that the bourbon flavor was pretty pronounced.
What ingredients go into these little pies?
- Pre-made pie crust: I had thought about making pie crust from scratch, but opted to make things a little easier on myself. Check out the refrigerated section of the grocery store for some pre-made pie crust.
- Brown sugar: They're pies, they need some sweetness!
- Pecans: Duh.
- Eggs: Gotta bind everything together.
- Butter: Unsalted, please.
- Vanilla extract: Use the good stuff, if possible.
- Salt: Kosher salt all the way.
- Bourbon: If needed, you can dial back the amount of bourbon used, or even omit it entirely. However, if you'er using it, make sure to use something that you would enjoy drinking a glass of.
The recipe for the pie filling comes from Brown Eyed Baker, though I added bourbon and kosher salt.
For the crust
- 4-5 pre-made, refrigerated pie crusts
For the filling
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans (plus more for topping), chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup bourbon, see notes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin pan with butter or cooking spray.
To prepare the crust
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut 48 2- to 3-inch rounds (slightly larger than the opening of the muffin tin openings) of pie dough from the pre-made, refrigerated pie crusts.
- Press one round of dough into each well of the mini muffin tin.
To make the filling
- Mix all filling ingredients together and divide it evenly between the dough-lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the extra chopped pecans evenly over the top of the unbaked pies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops of the pies are set. Cool for a few minutes in the muffin tin before carefully removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Notes: You can reduce the amount of bourbon (or omit it entirely) if you'd like. I wanted to make sure that the bourbon flavor was pretty pronounced in these mini pies, though, so I used ¼ cup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g