Last Updated on January 31, 2021 by laurenpacek
These No-Bake Bourbon Balls are the perfect sweet and boozy treat. Best yet? You don't even have to turn on the oven to make them!
Is it a bad time for bourbon balls? No!
Some may consider it a little early in the year to break out the bourbon balls. But I'm of the opinion that it's officially Fall, which means that it's basically Thanksgiving. And if it's Thanksgiving, then Christmas is right around the corner. Right?
Okay so maybe this is a stretch. But I still think that there's no wrong time to make bourbon balls.
I was recently tasked with concocting a variety of bourbon-based sweets for a bourbon-themed (!!) 40th birthday party. These No-Bake Bourbon Balls were one of the treats that I whipped up. Even after decreasing the amount of bourbon in the recipe slightly, the bourbon flavor is still pretty potent. Watch yourself!
Looking for other no-bake recipes?
Need more no-bake cookie action? How about these Hot Chocolate No Bake Cookies?
I found this recipe on Saving Room for Dessert. After testing this recipe out on my lab, the only change that I made was to use 3 tbs of bourbon instead of 4.
- 3 cups vanilla wafers (12 oz. box), crushed
- 1 cup pecans,, ground
- 3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1.5 tbs cocoa powder
- 3 tbs light corn syrup
- 3 tbs bourbon
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla wafers, pecans, 1 cup of powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Whisk to combine.
- In a mixing cup or small bowl, whisk the corn syrup and bourbon together.
- Add the corn syrup/bourbon mixture to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Place the remaining 2 cups of powdered sugar in a shallow bowl or pie plate. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then immediately roll them in the powdered sugar. Set them aside on a baking sheet for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, roll the cookies in powdered sugar again. Store the cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Notes: I ran the vanilla wafer cookies and pecans through a food processor to ensure that they were finely ground.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 40 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g