Last Updated on November 30, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Hot Chocolate No Bake Cookies turn the classic no bake up a notch. They taste just like hot chocolate!
We all know and love No Bake Cookies. They couldn't be easier to make, taste great, and give you a pretty serious sugar rush.
Over the weekend, I got it into my head that I just had to make some. Instead of going with the classic recipe, I turned to Foodgawker to see if anyone out there had switched things up a little bit.
The lovely duo over at Oh, Sweet Basil tweaked the classic recipe to make it taste like a mug of hot chocolate by adding some hot chocolate mix, Nutella, and miniature marshmallows. This I could definitely get on board with.
This recipe comes from Oh, Sweet Basil.
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp hot chocolate mix
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow bits (mini marshmallows will work, too)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set these aside.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter, sugar, salt, hot chocolate mix, cocoa powder, and milk. Heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally until everything comes to a rapid boil. Allow it to cook for about a minute, stirring continuously.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the Nutella and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the oats and marshmallows, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop (or heaping tablespoon), scoop the cookies out onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Allow them to cool for at least a half an hour, or until the cookies set up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g