Last Updated on February 6, 2020 by laurenpacek
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, cakey, and bursting with chocolate chips. They come together pretty quickly, too!
These are some of my favorite cookies. I usually make at least several batches during the course of the Fall and Winter. Aaaaaand one or two during the other times of the year. Let’s be honest.
If you’ve spent any amount of time poking around on A Nerd Cooks, you’ll be well aware that my love of pumpkin does not recognize the change of the seasons.
Pumpkin and chocolate are meant for one another. Don’t let anyone else tell you any different. Need more proof? Do yourself a favor and check out these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Blondies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins!
This post was updated on 12/4/2018
This recipe originally comes from the blog My Baking Addiction.
- 1 cup pumpin puree
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips,, plus more for decorating the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Little by little, add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix until the flour has just disappeared.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to distribute them evenly throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough by the tablespoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned and firm.
- Allow them to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g