A Salty Dog Cocktail is simple to make, bright and fresh, and versatile. Make it with vodka or gin, whatever floats your boat. I used vodka.
Grapefruit juice + vodka or gin = a Greyhound
Grapefruit juice + vodka or gin + a salted rim = a Salty Dog
Get it? Cute, right?
These cocktails are super refreshing, full of bright flavor, and so simple to put together.
I enjoyed one in the middle of the afternoon after taking pictures, but imagine it would be a lovely brunch cocktail, as well.
Salty Dog Cocktail
- kosher salt
- 1.5 oz vodka or gin
- 3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- grapefruit wedge for garnish
- Rim a rocks or highball glass with kosher salt.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Add the vodka or gin and top with grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Want more grapefruit goodness? Try this Grapefruit Crush or a healthy Broiled Grapefruit!
Leave a Reply