Last Updated on May 20, 2021 by laurenpacek
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is one of those recipes that I make again and again, never tiring of it.
Sean loves it, too. And for good reason: It's spicy and delicious! This buffalo chicken is also super versatile. We typically eat it in taco form, although we've also been known to put it on top of a baked potato. Top either the taco or baked potato with some sharp cheddar cheese and a drizzle of Ranch dressing and you're in business. Don't rule out a little avocado, either.
Not that you needed yet another reason to make this... but I'm going to give you another one. It's incredibly easy to make! Just toss a few chicken breasts into a slow cooker, add some sauce, and walk away! Once they have cooked, you just need to shred the chicken. It couldn't be easier.
Note: Text from this post was updated on 4/4/2018.
If you're looking for more buffalo chicken deliciousness, make sure to pop on over to check out my Buffalo Chicken Dip!
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. hot sauce
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 1 oz Ranch seasoning (1 packet)
- 2 tbsp butter
Optional toppings and accompaniments
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- taco shells or tortillas
- baked potatoes
- Place the chicken breasts in a 4 quart slow cooker. Salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot sauce, mustard, and Ranch seasoning. Pour it over the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the chicken to a plate and shred it. Add the butter to the crock pot and stir so that it melts into the sauce. Add the chicken to the crock pot again and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately or let the shredded chicken hang out in the crock pot on low for another hour.
Note: We like to eat our Buffalo Chicken taco-style. But you do you. Eat it however feels right. It's great on a baked potato, or on its own as well. However you choose to eat it, let me recommend a little drizzle of Ranch dressing to temper the heat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 29g