This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is one of those recipes that I make again and again, never tiring of it.
Sean loves it, too. And for good reason: It's spicy and delicious! This buffalo chicken is also super versatile. We typically eat it in taco form, although we've also been known to put it on top of a baked potato. Top either the taco or baked potato with some sharp cheddar cheese and a drizzle of Ranch dressing and you're in business. Don't rule out a little avocado, either.
Not that you needed yet another reason to make this... but I'm going to give you another one. It's incredibly easy to make! Just toss a few chicken breasts into a slow cooker, add some sauce, and walk away! Once they have cooked, you just need to shred the chicken. It couldn't be easier.
Note: Text from this post was updated on 4/4/2018.
If you're looking for more buffalo chicken deliciousness, make sure to pop on over to check out my Buffalo Chicken Dip!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
For the chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. hot sauce
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 1 oz Ranch seasoning 1 packet
- 2 tablespoon butter
Optional toppings and accompaniments
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Ranch dressing
- taco shells or tortillas
- baked potatoes
- Place the chicken breasts in a 4 quart slow cooker. Salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine the hot sauce, mustard, and Ranch seasoning. Pour it over the chicken.
- Set the slow cooker to high, and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the chicken to a plate and shred it. Add the butter to the crock pot and stir so that it melts into the sauce. Add the chicken to the crock pot again and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Serve immediately or let the shredded chicken hang out in the crock pot on low for another hour.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.