Last Updated on May 20, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Simple Fudge Brownies are easy to make, classic, and oh-so-fudgy.
Sean is a plain brownie aficionado; These were made with him in mind. They are definitely best enjoyed with a glass of milk.
This recipe comes from the blog Bunsen Burner Bakery. Stop over and check out the blog; Julie is a fellow scientist, dog-lover, Penguins fan, and admirer of the Oxford comma.
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract.
- Add the granulated sugar to the melted butter and stir until combined. Add the butter/sugar to the cocoa/egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips, stirring until the flour just disappears and everything is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center, comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Allow the brownies to cool for a few minutes in the pan. Using the foil as a sling, lift the brownies out of the pan and onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 32gProtein: 4g