Last Updated on May 19, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are 10/10. Moist, tender pumpkin muffins are topped with a crumbly and sweet streusel and then finished with sticky, sweet glaze.
Have I started going overboard with the pumpkin recipes this season? I'm torn between wanting to keep myself in check and not really caring. I'm only semi-cognizant of the "issue" because Sean will sometimes remark that everything I make during the Fall contains pumpkin.
At this moment, I guess I don't really care so much. Especially because these muffins are delicious.
I took them to a brunch over the weekend, where they were well-received. Even the host's dog managed to get a hold of (at least part of) a muffin; he seemed pretty pleased with himself, too.
This recipe came from the blog Gimme Some Oven.
For the muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the streusel topping
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
To make the muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 muffin tins with paper liners, or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well-combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until everything is combined. Fill the lined muffin tins ~⅔ of the way.
To make the streusel
- Combine all of the streusel ingredients in a small bowl. Use a fork or your fingertips to mix all of the ingredients together until a crumbly streusel topping forms.
- Top each of the muffins with ~1 tbs of the streusel topping.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick, when inserted into the center of a muffin, comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze
- Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled muffins.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g