These Pumpkin Streusel Donuts donuts are sweet, pumpkin-y, and full of Fall spiced flavor. The streusel topping and sweet glaze really put them over the top.
I bought a donut pan a while back, but rarely use it. That's a real shame, because donuts.
I decided to change that this weekend.
These donuts taste delicious, look great, and are super easy to make since they're essentially just a gussied up boxed cake mix.
This recipe comes from the blog Jennifer Meyering.
Pumpkin Streusel Donuts
For the donuts
- 16.5 oz box spice cake mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon butter melted
For the streusel topping
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon butter melted
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
To make the donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your muffin tin(s) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, and melted butter until well combined.
- Scoop the batter into a piping bag or large zip top bag. Snip off the tip/one corner of the bag and pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling about halfway.
To make the streusel
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the streusel topping. Stir until everything is combined and a bit crumbly.
- Top the donuts with ~1 tbs of the streusel mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
To make the glaze
- Stir the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth and the desired consistency has been reached. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled donuts.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.