Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by laurenpacek
Cinnamon sugar and peanut butter cookies come together in these Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles - an update on a classic cookie.
If a super soft peanut butter cookie and a snickerdoodle had a baby, this cookie would be it. Soft, peanut buttery, and full of warm cinnamon spice. These cookies are perfect with a glass of milk, your morning coffee, or just on their own.
This recipe is based on, but adapted from, this one from Two Peas and Their Pod.
For the cookies
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For rolling the cookies
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter until combined. Add the sugars and cream until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer in a couple of batches, mixing until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra sugar and cinnamon together. Set the mixture aside momentarily.
- Scoop ~2 tablespoons of dough out (with spoons or a cookie scoop), roll it into a ball, and roll the dough ball in the prepared cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and just set. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Can't get enough peanut butter? How about this Almost No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie?