Last Updated on May 7, 2021 by laurenpacek
This Almost No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie has it all: cool and creamy peanut butter filling, a sweet chocolate graham cracker shell, and crunchy toppings!
Chocolate and peanut butter are meant to be together
We can all agree that chocolate and peanut butter are flavor soulmates, right? I'd be hard pressed to identify a more complementary flavor duo. And I bet you would be, too.
Chocolate and peanut butter come together in this cool, frozen pie. It's fast and easy enough to make on short notice. Plus it requires almost no baking. Just pop the crust into the oven for ~12 minutes, and the rest is just mixing, freezing, drizzling, and you're done!
Anyone out there celebrate Pi Day? Just me?
But also! Pi Day is nearly upon us! You know, pi = 3.14 ... March 14th ... 3/14.
Not that I really need much of an excuse to make pie... but I made this in celebration of the day. May your Pi Day be filled with this and other tasty, tasty pies.
Looking for more pies?
Want more chocolate and peanut butter recipes?
This Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie is where it's at. It's another nearly no-bake recipe. I also have a great post about Chocolate Cupcakes and Peanut Butter Buttercream. It's a classic. And this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cake is as delicious as it is pretty.
Where did this recipe come from?
The recipe for this pie comes from Handle the Heat.
For the crust
- 14 whole chocolate graham crackers
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup powdered sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
- melted peanut butter
- melted chocolate
- mini Reese's cups, roughly chopped
- peanut butter chips
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and sugar until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until moistened. Alternately, put the graham crackers in a large zip top bag and pulverize them with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a bowl, add the melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool the crust completely on a wire rack.
To make the filling
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, ¾ cup powdered sugar, and peanut butter until it is light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric hand mixer to whip the heavy cream until thick and light. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and vanilla extract and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter/cream cheese mixture. Pour it into the prepared pie shell and freeze for 3 hours.
To make the topping
- Drizzle the top with melted peanut butter and melted chocolate. Top with chopped mini Reese’s cups and peanut butter chips. Serve frozen or refrigerated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 444mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 29gProtein: 14g