Last Updated on November 14, 2020 by laurenpacek
This Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie is a lot of things. It is sweet, cold, creamy, and yet also a bit salty and crunchy.
One of the best things about this pie, in my opinion, is that it is nearly no-bake! Just pop the crust into the oven for 10 minutes and then let the freezer do the rest of the work.
This pie was inspired by a candy bar that I impulsively picked up while in World Market a few weeks ago. It was a milk chocolate bar that had peanuts, pretzel pieces, and marshmallow in it. I mean, sure, I was walking around the store while borderline hangry, but that thing was good.
I went home and started to wonder how I could incorporate all of those flavors into a dessert creation of my own. Pie seemed like a good candidate. I thought back to the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie that I shared with you before and wondered what would happen if you folded marshmallow fluff/creme into the peanut butter filling. As it turns out, delicious things would happen if you did that.
The crust is a little sweet, but mostly salty, and made out of pulverized pretzels, brown sugar, and melted butter. The combination of cold and creamy filling, salty crust, and crunchy toppings (okay there are soft marshmallows, too) is 10/10.
After you whip up this Peanut Butter Marshmallow Pie, don't forget to check out this Almost No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie, too!
For the crust
- 8 oz small pretzels
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 8 tbs unsalted butter, melted
For the pie
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
For the topping
- mini chocolate chips
- salted peanuts
- mini marshmallows
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blitz the pretzels in a blender or food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Add the brown sugar and melted butter. Blitz again until everything is well combined.
- Press the pretzel crust into the bottom, and up the sides, of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool.
To make the pie
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and peanut butter together. Add the heavy cream and beat again until a smooth filling forms.
- Add the mini chocolate chips to the pie filling and mix until they are well distributed throughout the filling.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pretzel crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Top with mini chocolate chips, peanuts, and mini marshmallows.
- Freeze for 3 hours. This pie can be served frozen or refrigerated.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 566Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 10g