Last Updated on May 12, 2021 by laurenpacek
These Double Chocolate M&M Cookies are chewy, chocolaty, and can be easily dressed up for any holiday or occasion.
Since it's February, I can share these now, right? Right.
Truthfully, I'm not very big on Valentine's Day. Never have been. My idea of a nice Valentine's Day is staying in, ordering takeout, and watching a movie in our PJs. I don't want or need much more than that.
However, I can't really resist an excuse to bake cookies. And these little chocolate numbers are all dressed for Valentine's Day. Though you could easily swap out the red/pink/white M&Ms for red/green for Christmas, your team colors for the Super Bowl, and so on.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies, for pressing into tops of cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together for a few minutes, until they are light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and add the vanilla extract.
- Little by little, add the dry ingredients to the wet, on low speed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the mini chocolate chips. Turning the speed up a bit higher helps to incorporate them throughout the thick dough.
- Next, you’re going to want to scoop and chill the cookie dough. Scoop and roll the cookie dough into 1.5 tbs-sized balls. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet. Cover the dough balls tightly with plastic wrap and chill it for at least 3 hours, and up to overnight.
- Once you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line another baking sheet with parchment paper. Move half of the dough balls over to the other cookie sheet and re-position all of the dough so that it is evenly spaced, leaving a couple of inches between each dough ball.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. The cookies will look pretty soft in the middle, and that’s okay. Remove them from the oven and gently press the M&Ms into the warm cookies. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes or so before removing them to a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 110Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g