Call it what you want: Crack Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip… You know it and love it.
This post contains affiliate links.
You all know this dip. It’s a classic. You’ll find it at many parties (certainly at most of mine!), and for good reason. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
It can be fairly versatile, too. If you’re a pescatarian, consider subbing in cooked, chopped shrimp for the chicken. Vegetarian? Omit the chicken/shrimp entirely. Gluten-free? Switch up the dippers to meet your needs.
Need more buffalo chicken action? Hop on over to my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken recipe! You can do a lot with it (pizza, baked potatoes, mac and cheese, etc.), and it couldn’t be easier to make. It’s a definite favorite in my house!
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (we’re a Frank’s household)
- 1 (1 oz.) packet Ranch seasoning
- 1 lb cooked chicken breasts, shredded (rotisserie chicken is handy here)*
- vegetables, pitas, crackers, chips, etc. for dipping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt/sour cream, shredded cheese, hot sauce, and Ranch seasoning. Stir in the cooked chicken.
Pour the dip into an oven safe dish, and top with some more cheese. Bake for approximately an hour.
Try to exercise a little patience (or else burn your mouth on the hot dip), and dig in!
*you can also use a proportional amount of canned chicken