This dip is PERFECT for game day, parties, and general snacking
This Jalapeño Popper Dip tastes just like your favorite bar food in dip form! It's creamy and full of flavor, and has just the right amount of heat.
Fear not! This dip isn't too hot.
You might think that 6 jalapeños might make this dip too spicy. Fear not. Instead, this dip is very flavorful and has just the right amount of pleasant heat.
In addition to the jalapeños, cream cheese and shredded cheddar make this dip melty and creamy, while bacon puts things over the top.
Looking for other dip recipes?
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is another spicy delicious dip option! Don't forget about Pimiento Cheese, either.
If you're looking for a dessert dip, check out Funfetti Cake Dip and Easy Three Ingredient Fruit Dip!
This recipe originally appeared on the blog Brown Eyed Baker.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
For the dip
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 pieces bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 jalapeños minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
For the topping
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
To make the dip
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayo, chopped bacon, jalapeños, garlic, cumin, and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Pour the mixture into a 9x9-inch, oven-safe casserole dish.
To make the topping
- Combine the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and melted butter in a small bowl, stirring with a fork until the mixture is evenly moistened. Sprinkle on top of the dip in an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the dip is bubbly. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, etc.
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is a generated estimate and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
What kind of gear should I have on had to make this?
- A 9x9-inch oven-safe dish
- A spatula, for spreading the dip into the dish
- Panko bread crumbs!
Great dish! Perfect for football season. Thanks.
Can you freeze this?? I am supposed to make it for a party that will more than likely be cancelled due to illness!
Hey there! I haven't tried freezing it, but my gut says that you should be able to. The texture of the breadcrumbs may get a little soggy, but I think it should be fine. Fingers crossed that everyone stays healthy and the party goes off without a hitch!